Rob Overfield

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW10

Just seen on twitter he is stepping away from the club. Got to really appreciate his time and effort he and the other volunteers commit to the club. He infers he isn't happy with the new ownership / direction of the club. Any thoughts anyone?
Jamie

TW10 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:54 pm Just seen on twitter he is stepping away from the club. Got to really appreciate his time and effort he and the other volunteers commit to the club. He infers he isn't happy with the new ownership / direction of the club. Any thoughts anyone?
Seem to be a lot more people who have also stepped down from their roles.
GRTourist

TW10 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:54 pm Just seen on twitter he is stepping away from the club. Got to really appreciate his time and effort he and the other volunteers commit to the club. He infers he isn't happy with the new ownership / direction of the club. Any thoughts anyone?
I'm really sad to see that Rob has decided to step away. He's put in a huge amount of time and effort for the club in the few years I've been here (and I know he did so for long before as well). For what it's worth, I also happen to think he's a very good commentator as well, and is a big part of what is - for me - one of the best products in non-league for fans who aren't able to attend on the day.
TW10

why are he and others stepping away?
Josh2002

I also heard similar. I wonder what has gone on.
Jamie

Thanks for you work Rob,
I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision.
Nigelandliss

Will miss you on the commentary and all the work you have put in over the tears.
Lord Elpus

Yes, there have been a few worrying things on social media over the last few days, which is a bit of a concern. No one seems very willing to say very much about it though, which is possibly understandable but it just adds to that concern. Does anyone know anything at all? Direction of the club? In what way?
Regarding Rob Overfield specifically, he sometimes seemed to wind up quite a few people on here for some reason but when any little non-league club (for ultimately that is what we are) loses its volunteers then there's clearly something wrong. If he's decided he isn't going to even be a supporter any more (it did read like that) then I hope he reconsiders.
Rob Overfield

Thanks for all your comments, guys.

I’m not going to say much in detail about my reasons for leaving but I am not the only one who’s decided enough is enough in the last few days.

You guys as supporters need to start asking questions as it appears there will be little, if any, consultation with the supporters in future and a lot of changes could likely be imposed with little notice. Keep passing on your thoughts to the Trust while you still can.

I cannot be part of things if this is the likely way it’s all going to turn out, I am sure there’s other local clubs nearer to my home who I can assist, and who will be grateful for all I learned over the wonderful years I’ve had at Beveree.

I’m not going to say I’ll never be back down in TW12, so you haven’t seen the last of me completely but given as how it’s an hour and half, 2 bus journey for me, it probably won’t be often.

I haven’t met the brothers so I cannot say as to their personal objectives or personalities, and although I accept the need for change within the club, I cannot accept the manner in which the club and supporters will have to take it.

Am sorry if some of you thought I was on a wind up in the past… it was never meant like that.
Big Rich

Thanks for all your hard work for the club Rob.
HamptonMad

Toodle pip. Off you Pop.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TW10

I and 99,9% of supporters really appreciate your commitment and hard work over the years Rob..