Weymouth Away Tuesday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Adam

Just got back. A classic game of two halfs.
Weymouth were by far the better team in the first half we looked all over the place. They particularly gave Dan Wishart a stern test down his side. Alan Julian had to make several good saves. Somehow we came away only 1 down at halftime. We did have our chances as well with the best two going to Tommy Wood he glanced a header just wide of each post.

After Inman went off we kept to the same shape with Fernandez moving to CB from RB and Dunne from CM to RB.

However after half time we changed to 3 at the back Fernandez, Davis & Wishart in a back 3. However before we could see if it was working we conceded and then Fernandez went of injured. Dunne moved out of midfield again to the centre of a back 3. Wing backs were now Curran-Browne & Barzey. We started to grow into the game. I thought Dunne had a tremendous 2nd half at CB. He got the ball down and played it out with some composure allowing us to get our game going. We got some joy down both wings with the wing backs and the goal came from a ball in from I believe Curran-Browne which Tommy Wood managed to deflect/flick past the keeper from the near post. We should have equalised when the ball fell to Gray on the edge of the 6 yard box and an open goal but managed to put it over. We huffed and puffed and continued to try and make some openings for the rest of the game without making many note worthy chances.

Weymouth are a poor side and we lost to them which is a real worry. Extra bodies are needed.
Tony

From Manager’s post match comments seems as if Inman and Fernandez have groin and hamstring injuries. I think Fernandez has only just recovered from the same problem. Guessing that both might miss the next couple of games.
Lord Elpus

If Inman and Fernandes are both going to be out injured then we really will be in desperate trouble defensively. Urgent replacements needed, as well as reinforcements then.
Shepperton Supporter

If these two players are out for a few games then the problem has just magnified in urgency. We all know, as presumably Mel and owners did, we were short of players especially in attack, now it’s defence as well. Quality replacements must be found if not we are looking at relegation. The fixtures over the next couple of weeks have not been kind. Decisive action is required and it might require serious funding.
Shepperton Supporter

Just wonder with his Barnet connection , would Mel be interested in Moussa Diarra, he does not make their bench recently? Not sure about his fitness.
RogerB

I do hope all these questions in this thread have been submitted via the online form for tonight's meeting with the new owners, or, better still, asked in person at the meeting.