Weymouth Away Tuesday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Lord Elpus

I doubt the brothers have anything to hide (I hope not anyway) it's just the way a lot of bigger businesses do things. Openness and transparency isn't number 1 on most corporate wishlists. It's not the way we've been used to that's for sure...
Tony

They were going to hold a Q&A session last week before the postponed Cheshunt game so you can hardly accuse them of trying to hide. We now do not have a home game until 11 February so maybe arrange a meet the new manager session plus Q&A in the next week would be an idea.
Shepperton Supporter

The weather seems a little milder and given the fact that our hosts played at the weekend, it might be that we have a chance of playing.
With all the changes both on and off the pitch, predictions are little tricky . Weymouth are struggling but may well see this game as an opportunity to get a win.
I hope we don’t lose, what sort of team we field is difficult to work out, there might be some new faces . The number of players currently available is wafer thin.
RogerB

Tony wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:04 am They were going to hold a Q&A session last week before the postponed Cheshunt game so you can hardly accuse them of trying to hide. We now do not have a home game until 11 February so maybe arrange a meet the new manager session plus Q&A in the next week would be an idea.
Yes, Tony, they were going to hold a Q&A session but with only half an hour allotted to it and with questions sent in beforehand. I don't think they were accepting any possibly awkward questions from the floor.
Second, their "mission statement" when they took over was couched in such corporate waffle that it gave little clue as to their intentions.
Third, why was the Mel Gwinnett piece on Twitter a speech rather than an interview? His pre- and post-match interviews on the Barnet site seemed chatty and relaxed. That didn't seem to be the case here.
Fourth, why do people who have resigned from their jobs, paid or otherwise, feel they have to be cagey about the reasons why?

If it turns out that a Q&A session takes place soon where everybody with a question to ask, however awkward that question may be, is able to put it to the brothers and meaningful and understandable answers are given by them, then I'll take back what I said about them trying to hide something.
GRTourist

RogerB wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:55 am
Third, why was the Mel Gwinnett piece on Twitter a speech rather than an interview? His pre- and post-match interviews on the Barnet site seemed chatty and relaxed. That didn't seem to be the case here.
I think all those questions are really pertinent tbh (this website needs a like button!), but I can probably give some clarity to the third. The video which was released this week was purely an introductory one, and we're absolutely still intending to do more substantive pre- and post-match interviews with the new manager.

I have to say, as someone who is still doing their volunteering role at present, it's absolutely heartbreaking to see so many people walk away. There are some amazing, amazing people at this club, but sadly there are a lot fewer of them now than there were a month ago and that's just a real shame.

I imagine some will be happy to discuss their reasons for doing so, but probably with a pint in hand.
Lord Elpus

Yes it's a real shame seeing the Volunteers walk away and it shouldn't be what this club is about.
Adam

I notice Dorchester is off tonight due to a frozen pitch. Must be touch and go for Weymouth.
Mucky knees

Adam according to Weymouth's twitter feed (posted an hour ago) they are shortly going to hold a pitch inspection...

MK
Mucky knees

HamptonMad wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:29 am Weymouth played at home Saturday. So i think this game will be on. Club Car leaves Broad Lane Hampton at 2pm for this trip. Traveling Hampton Mad. Big Rich. Mr Barbel. And The King pin of The Hampton defence in the 60's before joining K's Dereck Edwards. First game under The New Manager. The Club needs your support be there please.
HM,are you Lance Wintle?

For if you are can I came my fiver???

Regards

MK
HamptonMad

Mucky knees wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:29 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:29 am Weymouth played at home Saturday. So i think this game will be on. Club Car leaves Broad Lane Hampton at 2pm for this trip. Traveling Hampton Mad. Big Rich. Mr Barbel. And The King pin of The Hampton defence in the 60's before joining K's Dereck Edwards. First game under The New Manager. The Club needs your support be there please.
HM,are you Lance Wintle?

For if you are can I came my fiver???

Regards

MK
No Mk Lance Wintle was a school master at Rectory school who played for Hampton and brought me to the club age 15. Where i played in the first team.
Shepperton Supporter

According to the Weymouth website there is a pitch inspection at 2 pm. Understand the ref was delayed as it should have been at 12 pm. Will hear soon hopefully.
GRTourist

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:00 pm According to the Weymouth website there is a pitch inspection at 2 pm. Understand the ref was delayed as it should have been at 12 pm. Will hear soon hopefully.
Referee has now been delayed again. Still no news on the pitch.

https://twitter.com/HRBFC/status/161789 ... KJU4nvGGjg