Next two away games.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

We now travel on Tuesday to Weymouth for a vital game against a team below us in the table. Dropping points could see us into the relegation zone and heap pressure on everyone.
This is followed by a difficult trip to Havant where points might be hard to come by.
Could be a baptism of fire for our new manager and owners.
Jamie

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:49 pm We now travel on Tuesday to Weymouth for a vital game against a team below us in the table. Dropping points could see us into the relegation zone and heap pressure on everyone.
This is followed by a difficult trip to Havant where points might be hard to come by.
Could be a baptism of fire for our new manager and owners.
Could be in the relegation zone tomorrow if other games go ahead.
Shepperton Supporter

Jamie wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:21 pm Could be in the relegation zone tomorrow if other games go ahead.
You may well be right, if we fail to get any points from these two games (the Weymouth one might be weather effected) then new players might become high priority.
HamptonMad

The next 4 league games are all away. Weymouth away Havant away. St Albans away. Bath away. Tough very tough.
Shepperton Supporter

HamptonMad wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:07 pm The next 4 league games are all away. Weymouth away Havant away. St Albans away. Bath away. Tough very tough.
Agree a phase of games that could define our season. In addition a period with no incoming revenues. It might give our new owners a chance to appraise things both on and off the pitch but changes must be required well before this run of games finishes.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

I don't think the matches being away from home makes them any tougher. We've actually picked up more points on the road than at Beveree this season (and I think this has often been the case in recent seasons). To be honest the atmosphere at Beveree isn't great so there isn't really any 'home crowd' advantage to be had.
GRTourist

TW2-Beaver wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:20 pm I don't think the matches being away from home makes them any tougher. We've actually picked up more points on the road than at Beveree this season (and I think this has often been the case in recent seasons). To be honest the atmosphere at Beveree isn't great so there isn't really any 'home crowd' advantage to be had.
Yeah I'd agree with this (though with cautious optimism, there has seemed to be a notable uptick in atmosphere the last two home games).

Most of the best Hampton performances I've seen in the last three years have definitely been on the road.
Shepperton Supporter

We need to find some points, we are now bottom in the form guide over the last six games in our league.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

GRTourist wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:29 pm Yeah I'd agree with this (though with cautious optimism, there has seemed to be a notable uptick in atmosphere the last two home games).
Agreed there has been an uptick at the moments Hampton are actually in the final third, and the occasional breakout of "Beeeeevers" can be heard (award for dreariest chant in the division?) but in terms of organised singing throughout the game it's just been non-existent for quite a few years now. A couple of us do try to get things going but at home games people just aren't interested, we probably need 6-7 others to commit and we'd be able to get everyone going.
HamptonMad

Got 5 in The Club Car going to watch Slough v Dulwich this afternoon. Watch out on The A4 if anybody is going big traffic holdups.
HamptonMad

90 mins Slough 4 Dulwich 3. Very cold. Think we will start The Club Car soon and get out of hear. Big Rich had 4 Soups. and a portion of chips. 38 chips in his bag. 45 in mine.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shepperton Supporter

The results today are in our favour, still outside the relegation places.