Tonbridge Home Saturday

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

Will The new manager be in charge on Saturday. When is the Q&A.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:20 pm Will The new manager be in charge on Saturday. When is the Q&A.
Don’t panic HM, Mel Gwinnett will provide 3 points.

It would be good to know about the Q&A.

Start the club car!!!
Josh2002

Quietly confident for this one, hopefully not jinxing it. We have a good record against Tonbridge and hopefully we can have a new manager bounce.
HamptonMad

Tonbridge are 10th in the league on 37 pts. They beat St Albans away on saturday 3.2.Hope the weather improves and we get to play.
Les1949

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:20 pm Will The new manager be in charge on Saturday. When is the Q&A.
As he met up with the players last night, almost certainly. Q&A, no idea
Shepperton Supporter

With games recorded I would be surprised if he did not know a lot about the players he has inherited. Probably will take a training session on this Thursday. He might have an idea who he wants to keep and possible signings.
Adam

Watched a few of Mels recent Barnet interviews. Then also caught Dean Brennans interview post their match at the weekend. He mentioned that Jamar Loza is back fit for them having not played since April and they would look to get him a months loan. Wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up with us.
Shepperton Supporter

If you look at players that could be coming to us from Barnet, then Moussa Diarra does not get much game time.
Lord Elpus

Yes, and so the conveyor belt begins...how I hope we don't just turn into a rehab unit for Barnet et al's crocked players, only to see them recalled just as they get fit and become useful again.
HamptonMad

Lord Elpus wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:31 pm Yes, and so the conveyor belt begins...how I hope we don't just turn into a rehab unit for Barnet et al's crocked players, only to see them recalled just as they get fit and become useful again.
Yes My Lord. I can see us becoming a B team for Barnet. They are also after The new Nissan Leaf Club car.
Tony

Short term we need better players to avoid relegation so would be happy to see Barnet players come in to do a job. Thereafter, in the summer, we need to get off dependency on the loan system and build a proper squad that supporters can get behind.
Shepperton Supporter

Agree the main priority for the owners and manager will be to avoid relegation. This might involve loans to achieve this.
As for next season, there might be some fundamental decisions to be taken. Will the club remain part time or not. Once this is decided upon and the required funding in place to back up the decision, then I would expect recruitment to achieve a much stronger team. Whatever the decision there might be a major overhaul of players.