Oxford City 1-1

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
shaunden

Seemed another normal home performance again. Defence played really well ,midfield not bad ,thought Tommy Wood had a good game but still not finishing off only Curran dangerous. Don't think Shane and Alfie add anything to the team.Normal miss a penalty and then let a crappy goal in 2 mins later.Unfortunately a lot of effort which deserved a better result.
Jeb99

shaunden wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:24 pm Seemed another normal home performance again. Defence played really well ,midfield not bad ,thought Tommy Wood had a good game but still not finishing off only Curran dangerous. Don't think Shane and Alfie add anything to the team.Normal miss a penalty and then let a crappy goal in 2 mins later.Unfortunately a lot of effort which deserved a better result.
We must have been watching different games! Shane was excellent I thought and managed to keep their number 10 quiet all afternoon— no mean feat. Thought he was vital in mopping up in midfield and allowing jake and Sam to play well further up the pitch.

Also thought Alfy’s work rate caused huge problems for the Oxford left back. He was constantly winning the ball back and breaking past the city back line. I actually thought that wider position suited him really well.
GRTourist

Also worth noting that Alfy played the vast majority of the match with a facial injury which resulted in him having to go to A&E for stitches after the match. I also thought he was really good yesterday.

CKB a clear man of the match, but also thought Luis Fernandez was excellent.
TW10

Definitely agree about Shane Dunne, tackled and passed it well and I agree played their 10 well who is one of the best midfielders in the league. Alfie did well also playing out of position.
Shepperton Supporter

Both Luis Fernandez and Kurren Browne were in the league team of the week plus the Oxford keeper who was making his debut having come on loan.
Shepperton Supporter

Vincent also made the team!