Q&A with the brothers saturday .

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Adam

Tony wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:13 pm Rather too late to have anyone in who could impact Saturday and even Tuesday’s vital game versus Cheshunt.
I’d imagine the weather will have a better chance of impacting Saturdays game than a new manager.

Lack of seemingly any news on a new manager is worrying you’d have thought they’d have had someone in mind/lined up. Unless the chosen guy is already in a job and we are having to negotiate with current employers.
TW10

I agree re the questions., presumably nothing to stop a few hands going up to sidestep any vetting procedure
HamptonMad

3 important Home league games and No Manager. What is going on.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:15 pm So it looks like No Manager in place on Saturday. And 3 times for Q&A. What is going on at our Club.
Don’t panic Captain Mainwaring - no one has a clue when the Q&A is happening or who the manager is. Is it still Corporal Batesy?
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:09 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:15 pm So it looks like No Manager in place on Saturday. And 3 times for Q&A. What is going on at our Club.
Don’t panic Captain Mainwaring - no one has a clue when the Q&A is happening or who the manager is. Is it still Corporal Batesy?
I think we are doomed Big Rich.
Lord Elpus

A quirk of fixtures and reorganised games etc has given us 3 home games in a row. This is a great opportunity to get a few points on the board and move towards safety. It's more than a bit calamitous if we don't have someone in permanant charge for these, no disrespect intended to Steve Bates. It's mid January now and we've got to start winning a few. I would have thought a good freshen up via new management is just what we need...we have some very decent players and with just a couple of additions could be much better, but it needs to happen quickly. You can only draw the conclusion that there must have a problem with interview candidates this week...the Slough pair were at Hemel last Saturday and are surely interested. Wonder what the problem is?
Big Rich

Lord Elpus wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:25 pm A quirk of fixtures and reorganised games etc has given us 3 home games in a row. This is a great opportunity to get a few points on the board and move towards safety. It's more than a bit calamitous if we don't have someone in permanant charge for these, no disrespect intended to Steve Bates. It's mid January now and we've got to start winning a few. I would have thought a good freshen up via new management is just what we need...we have some very decent players and with just a couple of additions could be much better, but it needs to happen quickly. You can only draw the conclusion that there must have a problem with interview candidates this week...the Slough pair were at Hemel last Saturday and are surely interested. Wonder what the problem is?
Full agree My Lord. We need to get on with it. Perhaps the Slough Twins didn’t like the look of the club car. Or that we can’t seem to decide when the owners’ Q&A is.
Tony

I guess there was a fair amount of interest in the role so expect it will take some time to consider the options and do the necessary due diligence and negotiations. Hopefully some news soon. It will set the tone for the new regime so just hope it is someone we can all feel is the right choice and who can bring in some quality players.
Tony

We have only won two home league games all season so maybe not the great opportunity we think. The pitch has deteriorated badly this season which can’t have helped.
Shepperton Supporter

As for the new manager, as has been posted earlier, the Slough boys were at the game and are available, the delay suggests that there might be another candidate that the new owners wanted to see who might have better credentials.
Shepperton Supporter

I read with interest the article in the programme about questions to the brothers. I presume their answer about how far the club can go and ambition was perhaps designed to convey their longer term goals.
The last time I read similar comments from a Mr Dixon having taken over Staines. Currently Staines are playing on a park pitch and Mr Dixon has disappeared!
Think most of us know that this club could go up to NL but this will need a strong financial model. Our ground configuration will preclude further expansion unless we move to another stadium and encompass all that would be required.
HamptonMad

Q&A Wednesday 1st FEB. 7PM Come and meet the Brothers.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.