Hemel away on a Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Big Rich

Don’t panic Captain Mainwaring, Batesy’s taking us down to Step 3!
HamptonMad

Eric Entwhistle The Club Scout at Bracknell told me Baker and Underwood want the Hampton job.
BeaverWatcher

They were interviewed and in the running before Darren Powell and Paul Barry were given the job full time after Mark Harper and were, probably, the best candidates. However had they got it would we then have ended up with Dowse some 15 months later and all that entailed with league wins and the likes of Jamal Lowe, Nicke Kabamba etc.

Despite our current position the job will still be a very attractive proposition for many managers.
Shepperton Supporter

Agree we do remain an attractive proposition for managers at this level. If you look into the new owners/investors these are people of substance.
As has been quoted elsewhere, they will not want to preside over a relegation so, although they have said they want to put money into the fabric of the club rather than the playing budget, they might be forced into some investment to ensure we retain our current status.
Whoever is appointed will want to know their financial commitment from day one.
GRTourist

BevereeMaster wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:40 pm
Rob Overfield wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:27 pm
BevereeMaster wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:01 pm Steve Bates is the reason our academy is so bad, don’t get fooled by Gary putting players on the bench when we have injury crisis etc. We was never going to get a result with him in charge. These players get off very lightly at this club when they put in constant below par performances by previous management who would constantly keep playing them and even re signing them also us as fans are very forgiving, rarely seen vocal frustration at the ground when these performances consistently happen meaning the players feel they can get away with it. We need a no nonsense manager who will put these players in their place and demand high standards like Dev did and also Dowse, this will be no easy fix more harm has been done in the last 18 months than people may realise. The table is looking quite scary if Concord were to get any sort of point in their game in hand. Hopefully the new owners don’t rush this new appointment as it may be one of the most important decision they make as owners for a little while.
Nice to hear from someone who REALLY knows how to run a team, I don’t think!

So you’re a constant in the dressing room or attending training, which I doubt. You give the impression you know what’s going on, except I don’t think you do.

Opinions are fine and you’re welcome to post them all you like but stop making people think that you know. The brothers know they don’t know which is why they’ve called in an experienced person to advise them, a manager who’s been at a higher level.
Here is a player speaking about the academy and how it’s not well run and Dale was better than Bates, I have more stuff, feel free to ask and I can show you.
This is just embarrassing.

1. You've scrolled back through nine months of messages to find a message from someone criticising another person. It's kind of pathetic.
2. The sort of people who are willing to slag off a dressing room/specific individuals to people outside it, generally aren't worth listening to. Are you familiar with the concept of people maybe having their own agenda?
3. All you've proved here is that you can't be trusted with private information, and that all these "ex-academy players and ex-players" will probably want to think twice about telling you stuff because you're happy to break their confidence to try and use it to win arguments on the internet.
4. I note that you've posted what this unnamed third party (allegedly a former academy player, but none of us know that?) but have crossed out what you've said - so you're willing to protect your own views, but not theirs.
5. These ex-academy players you speak to must be very knowledgeable to be able to tell you about all the harm which has been done to the club across the last 18 months - I was unaware academy (or even first team) players had so much exposure to how the club is run.
tones

Ever since football was first played it has been clear that if you don't score goals you won't win matches. How the situation has been allowed to develop to the point where no one can see where the next goal is coming doesn't bare thinking about!
BevereeMaster

I think Tommy Wood just needs an arm put around him and some TLC. He definitely has the ability to score goals at this level, I think he just needs a strike partner next to him, small, agile and quick. Easier said than done granted but would be nice
Shepperton Supporter

As for a strike partner you described, would be expensive. Can’t help to think that Amartey might have filled the role? Obviously that horse has bolted.
BevereeMaster

Yes I think Amartey was brilliant, he was dynamic, quick and also strong but if I remember correctly he rarely played up top with Tommy, I think Ade is too similar to Tommy however he is far better holding the ball up than he is and I also prefer Ade in midfield not a fan of him in that second striker role
Lord Elpus

BevereeMaster wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:13 pm I think Tommy Wood just needs an arm put around him and some TLC. He definitely has the ability to score goals at this level, I think he just needs a strike partner next to him, small, agile and quick. Easier said than done granted but would be nice
Completely agree with this, it always seemed so obvious to me...
BevereeMaster

Lord Elpus wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:09 pm
BevereeMaster wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:13 pm I think Tommy Wood just needs an arm put around him and some TLC. He definitely has the ability to score goals at this level, I think he just needs a strike partner next to him, small, agile and quick. Easier said than done granted but would be nice
Completely agree with this, it always seemed so obvious to me...
I’m glad, cos although he’s tall and strong he’s not a solo hold up striker. You don’t score the goals he did in an average Tonbridge side if you aren’t a good player. Hope we keep trusting him because we will eventually reap the rewards, not only now but for seasons to come as he’s still young. BUT we need to play to his strengths and not how we are now.
GRTourist

Brandon Barzey could play that role IMO - but yes, reinforcements would also be ideal!