Club statement

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
shaunden

Personally find this rather sad as Gary done well first couple of years, however this year has been very bad with injuries. Let's hope new management team have more luck with new players they no doubt will bring in .
Agree it was good to see the new owners around at the last game and hopefully we keep the friendly "village" feel around the club.
Cliffp

What about Ian Dyer? Enjoyed a successful time here under Dowse and if I’m not mistaken managed our reserve side and then steeped up to 1st team coaching role with AD. Good coach and did ok when asked to take the reigns temporarily at Woking. Might want the chance to test himself now in a main job somewhere.
TW10

Ian Dyer is a very good idea though obviously represents a gamble. That said, Woking have a chance of getting in the football league so i doubt would he move whilst they are going so well.
Tony

He’s under contract until 2024. Feel he is best suited as #2. Had he ambitions to become a manager he surely would have done so by now. Would be a risky appointment.
TW3 Beaver

TW10 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:58 pm Would be nice to get a manager in who tries to play a bit
Would be nice to get a manager who wins a bit.
Cliffp

Do you have a suggestion Tony?
Tony

Rather depends on what package is on offer doesn’t it.
Cliffp

Of course it will determine in which pool you may be casting your rod. But if I’m reading the thread correctly you are suggesting who might not be suitable and valid reasons why they may not be so but nothing slightly more positive. Come on Tony who would you like to see that you also consider a viable option? I’ve given you mine.
Shepperton Supporter

Cliffp wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:19 pm Of course it will determine in which pool you may be casting your rod. But if I’m reading the thread correctly you are suggesting who might not be suitable and valid reasons why they may not be so but nothing slightly more positive. Come on Tony who would you like to see that you also consider a viable option? I’ve given you mine.
If I read correctly in his earlier post, Tony did not rule out the two ex Slough managers?
Tony

Baker and Underwood are obvious candidates if we are not looking to “go large” with the budget. They know the division well, have won promotions and have been outperformed their budget. I suspect they would be able to pull in some extra reinforcements and appear loyal clubmen at heart. Gavin McPherson has done a decent job at Met Police but have no idea what budget they have though suspect not larger than us. If you have more money to throw at the role and have an eye on promotion next season, then you might look at someone with NL experience but that could be risky if they don’t know players at our level. You need Dowson type experience but I think he may be a bit busy winning the league at the moment.

You could throw Ian Allinson ex St Albans City into the hat as well given his experience but I am not close to the reasons he left them. Felt like he ran out of steam a bit there but certainly knows the division. Steve McKimm ex Tonbridge manager seemed to have a following but he is now at Carshalton. How easy it would be to prize someone out of an existing role I don’t know. More likely if looking at the divisions below.
Last edited by Tony on Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cliffp

That’s correct. He didn’t rule them out but he did suggest they might not want to want to work with a limited budget either so let’s let Tony reply for himself Shep. Otherwise it’s all what if, possible and may be's and continued fence sitting.
Cliffp

As you said earlier Tony. Depends on what package is on offer?