Club statement

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW10

Bates seems to be enjoying his time in the sun judging by the pre and post match interviews
Big Rich

TW10 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:13 pm Bates seems to be enjoying his time in the sun judging by the pre and post match interviews
He does!
Shepperton Supporter

Noted some folk suggested Ryan Maxwell, he has gone to Sittingbourne.
BevereeMaster

I think it’s quite obvious now that we get Underwood and Baker considering they was at Hemel, are local and have wanted the job before. Would be slightly underwhelming but would definitely be enough to keep us in the league imo.
ExRef

Just wondering - would Gary McCann still have “gone” had we scored that penalty and taken 3 points from the Worthing game, or was it too late for the new owners?
TW10

I think Gary would have still gone but the owners might have waited until the end of the season. For the last 18m the style of football played has been poor to watch so it cant have been pleasing on the eye for the owners. It has also been pointed out many times that the managers recruitment is constantly poor leaving us scratching around for loan players. There has always been a hint of desperation under Gary how we get in players. I think his time was up regardless if a few results went his way.
Josh2002

Hakan Heyrettin leaves Maidstone.
Shepperton Supporter

There’s always new managers available. However if you look closely at many of them they probably would not be ideal.
Think most of us hope that a decision will come soon and that the successful candidate can start to mould a team which will be a pleasure to watch and bring the club success.
RogerB

TW10 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:47 pm I think Gary would have still gone but the owners might have waited until the end of the season. For the last 18m the style of football played has been poor to watch so it cant have been pleasing on the eye for the owners. It has also been pointed out many times that the managers recruitment is constantly poor leaving us scratching around for loan players. There has always been a hint of desperation under Gary how we get in players. I think his time was up regardless if a few results went his way.
I think that to intimate that Gary's recruitment has been constantly poor and always with a hint of desperation is a liitle unfair to Gary. Yes, this was the case in his first season, when he didn't seem to appreciate the quality of player needed for NS, and in the last 18 months when something has gone unaccountably wrong in the dressing room. But, in between times, in the 2 Covid seasons, did he not recruit Orsi-Dadomo, Julian, Gray, Inman, Donaldson, Farrell, Deadfield and have two seasons when we played some good football. ?
Lord Elpus

RogerB wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:27 pm
TW10 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:47 pm I think Gary would have still gone but the owners might have waited until the end of the season. For the last 18m the style of football played has been poor to watch so it cant have been pleasing on the eye for the owners. It has also been pointed out many times that the managers recruitment is constantly poor leaving us scratching around for loan players. There has always been a hint of desperation under Gary how we get in players. I think his time was up regardless if a few results went his way.
I think that to intimate that Gary's recruitment has been constantly poor and always with a hint of desperation is a liitle unfair to Gary. Yes, this was the case in his first season, when he didn't seem to appreciate the quality of player needed for NS, and in the last 18 months when something has gone unaccountably wrong in the dressing room. But, in between times, in the 2 Covid seasons, did he not recruit Orsi-Dadomo, Julian, Gray, Inman, Donaldson, Farrell, Deadfield and have two seasons when we played some good football. ?
Well said. I think Gary initially thought his old Hendon players could do a good enough job but this was quickly proved wrong. He signed Ryan Hill as well if memory serves. The last eighteen months are indeed a different story though.
Josh2002

Gary has been appointed manager of Billericay.
TW10

A big job for him i hope he does well