Club statement

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Lord Elpus

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:05 am Underwood and Baker were tipped to get The Bracknell Town managers job in November But got turned down. Both are former Bracknell players. Anyway they would not be my choice. Maxwell for me.
Out of interest HM, why Maxwell? I don't know much about him...
BevereeMaster

Darren Currie is the assistant manager at Southend, saw some people mention his name on twitter, would he drop from an assistant manager in Nl time to become a manager at NLS. Southend do have issues financially as they have struggled to pay players for 2 months running.
Shepperton Supporter

Reading this does not give me that much confidence. Think I would prefer the Slough chaps in a choice between.
Tony

Currie did manage Barnet for a while ( who didn’t?) a couple of years back but hasn’t taken a lead role since. Sounds as if Southend are on the brink.
BevereeMaster

I believe he did very well at Barnet too, took a struggling side to the play off semis in the NL, seen as a cult hero there. Would be an interesting option.
Lord Elpus

BevereeMaster wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:40 pm I believe he did very well at Barnet too, took a struggling side to the play off semis in the NL, seen as a cult hero there. Would be an interesting option.
Didn't Currie play against us for Barnet, and score, when we played them in the FA Cup 1st round in 2000?
RogerB

Going on that very honest report, Maxwell had similar issues to those some people on here have been complaining about with Gary.... but Maxwell was a lot worse!

Darren Currie is an interesting suggestion. He certainly owes us one after his last-minute piledriver was too much for Mark Russell at Underhill.

The problem for the new owners is that we may need a different style of manager to get us out of relegation compared to who would be the most suitable to take us forward if we did stay up.
Last edited by RogerB on Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BevereeMaster

Lord Elpus wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:08 pm
BevereeMaster wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:40 pm I believe he did very well at Barnet too, took a struggling side to the play off semis in the NL, seen as a cult hero there. Would be an interesting option.
Didn't Currie play against us for Barnet, and score, when we played them in the FA Cup 1st round in 2000?
My memory is good but unfortunately not that good, think that’s a question for Les to answer :)
RogerB

I’ve already answered that! I was right behind the shot, on the open away terrace and still have nightmares about it!
Lord Elpus

Thanks for confirming it Roger, I thought it was him! Poor old Russell might have saved it if he'd been fully fit.
Mucky knees

Russell??? You mean Eric Talbot!!!

MK