Worthing Away Boxing day.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

Calm down another 18 points and we will be safe. We have games in hand. A win next game and you will all be supporting Gary. In Gary we Trust. Up The Beavers. And what if we do sack Gary who will replace him. Harper Number 2. Or Master Bates.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TW3 Beaver

HamptonMad wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:14 pm Up The Beaves.
Before MK tells you.

It's Beavers.
Tony

Three weeks since we played Farnborough and still playing the same makeshift defence. Not sure if any of the missing might have played today but for illness rather than injury but we can’t expect too much until we get a bit more experience in the back line.
TW3 Beaver

HamptonMad wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:14 pm Calm down another 18 points and we will be safe.
Do you think 40 points will be enough?
Josh2002

I really don't think 40 points will be enough to stay up in a 24-team division. I've researched the last nine completed National League and League Two seasons with 24 teams, and no one finishing fifth from bottom has done so on 40 points or less. In the National League, fourth from bottom place has ranged from 41 to 51 points, whilst in League Two the range is from 46 to 53 points. I should remind you that this is based on the points totals for the fourth from bottom team, and therefore a higher points total would have been required to just finish fifth from bottom. To also add, last time we were relegated from Conference South, we did so on 42 points, and that was in a 22-team division. I would be interested to know why you think 40 is enough, as this is something you mention a lot.
RogerB

Where is Ru Donaldson? He stayed consistently injury-free over the previous two seasons but I’ve seen no news of him since he went off injured what must be a couple of months ago now.
BevereeMaster

Probably all those marathons we allowed him to run mid season catching up with him, another genius idea from the management team, I remember when Kieron Murphy had his wedding on a match day and he never played a game for the club again under Alan Dowson, shame this management team aren’t as strict.
Lord Elpus

We weren't actually that bad in the first half today although how much of that was down to Worthing misfiring is hard to say. The second half was a different story though and despite how the scoring remained relatively close it was always Worthing who looked more dangerous. I felt sorry for young Liam who scored a fine hat trick and had a very good game.
Where we go from here is hard to say. At the moment though, we don't really look like beating anyone, and seeing a game out, even for a point, looks completely beyond us. I think we need to see what happens on New Years Day and then decide to either back Gary with some more budget or make a change. Something needs to be decided.
TW10

i really feel sorry for Dean Inman and Jake Gray.. they could play for any team in the Conference south and most teams in the league above. Yet they are giving 100% every week in a makeshift line up which has no chance of winning. I have backed the manager and i do feel for the injury crisis he has faced. That said i don’t think Dowson (by comparison) is more shrewd in deciding who is up to scratch and who isn’t, including loan signings. But maybe the Dowson era was exceptional and we really were punching miles above our weight.
TW10

i meant dowson is more shrewd !!
BevereeMaster

Dowse eye for a player was exceptional, you could make a league 1 promotion fighting side out of players we had under him, whereas with Gary apart from Danilo Orsi and Ryan Hill most players drop a level or two once they leave us.
DanielNotley

Please take this rubbish out and give us a New Year Cheer - Gary Bye Bye you are pathetic am tired off these excuses can you remember what happened last season and look what’s happening now!

Hampton Mad you need to wake up with Gary the club got no ambitions apart from going down!