Worthing Away Boxing day.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Josh2002

Just watched the highlights and agree that we looked awful in defence, but as has been mentioned the current injury/illness problems have not helped this.
Shepperton Supporter

I had a second look at the highlights and then immediately looked at highlights from a game last season at Dulwich.
My thoughts were :
A) We had one loan player.
B) The standard of play from us that day was much better than Worthing. Due mainly to fielding a much stronger and better balanced team.
Now I appreciate there are several factors that caused that team to break up, but they have been replaced in certain positions by players that are not of the same standard. I might be incorrect but I am not aware of budget cuts, if not, then recruitment could be a major factor?
TW10

I was at the Dulwich game, we lost but the football we played was excellent. Charing to a couple of locals they commented we were the best footballing side they’d sen for a good while. At the time Gondoh was up there with the best in the league. Soon after it was a similar at St Albans where we played very well but lost. I think soon after the manager dispensed with playing football and instead went long. It’s been poor to watch ever since.
Josh2002

Agree TW10, was at both of those games and we were unfortunate to be on the losing side on both occasions. A few games after was the Plymouth Parkway debacle, which seemed to kill our season.
Shepperton Supporter

Glad you folks feel the same. I picked the Dulwich game at random and must admit I was surprised at the way we played compared to recently.
Think our style has changed because we no longer have the players suitable for it? Think Gondoh is playing now lower down the football pyramid?
Tony

Hemel have sacked their manager having been in 15th place. Bradley Quinton takes over the hot seat.
GRTourist

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:52 pm Glad you folks feel the same. I picked the Dulwich game at random and must admit I was surprised at the way we played compared to recently.
Think our style has changed because we no longer have the players suitable for it? Think Gondoh is playing now lower down the football pyramid?
Signed for Lewes from Sevenoaks Town a few weeks ago. In the same side as Razzaq Coleman de Graft.