Changes at top.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Rob Overfield

Of more concern is the lack of interest in having the trust involved. Would be interesting to hear the new owners thoughts on the Crouch Review of 2021…

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mes-future
Shepperton Supporter

Rob Overfield wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:38 pm Of more concern is the lack of interest in having the trust involved. Would be interesting to hear the new owners thoughts on the Crouch Review of 2021…

Could be interesting,!
Brit

There does not seem to be a suggestion of non-involvement with supporters just presumably no supporter director. Rob's linked article is not wholehearted about supporter diectors but seemingly more interested in supporter shadow directors. The extract on this follows.

Fan-elected director
A fan-elected director (FED) is a full club director who is appointed by supporters. They are a full legal participant in the club decision making process and have the same rights as any other director. However, they also share the same responsibilities, including confidentiality and to act in the best interests of the company as any other director.

There have been examples presented to the Review where a FED on a club board has worked well. However, support for FEDs as a concept has been mixed amongst the supporter groups who gave evidence to the Review. There has also been evidence received from current or former FEDs that it can be an extremely stressful position, with the director caught between fans and the club. A FED will also have fiduciary responsibilities and confidentiality clauses which mean a fan director rarely delivers on fan expectations.

Supporter advisory/Shadow Board
This is a ‘board’ of a number of diverse supporter representatives which would discuss the business and strategy of the club in more detail than other forms of engagement. A Shadow Board is not a formal legal board, so members would not risk the liabilities of a full company director but would be expected to discuss a wide variety of matters in detail with the club.
Last edited by Brit on Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony

The Trust will remain represented on the board until at least the end of this season.
BevereeMaster

Rob Overfield wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:38 pm Of more concern is the lack of interest in having the trust involved. Would be interesting to hear the new owners thoughts on the Crouch Review of 2021…

I kind of get it tho, they are putting in 350k of their own money to then be told by some fans what they can and can’t do with their money, in the nicest way possible we are quite n old fashioned club who need to maybe modernise ourselves a little bit. I get it is a big shock to the system but i don't think its the end of the world, if im right in thinking the trust have first refusal if the Italians choose to sell the club, so thats quite good.
Lord Elpus

BevereeMaster wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:56 am

I kind of get it tho, they are putting in 350k of their own money to then be told by some fans what they can and can’t do with their money, in the nicest way possible we are quite n old fashioned club who need to maybe modernise ourselves a little bit. I get it is a big shock to the system but i don't think its the end of the world, if im right in thinking the trust have first refusal if the Italians choose to sell the club, so thats quite good.
Depends how much they want to sell it for surely??
Adam

Brit

Adam wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:50 am https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history
Another 4 directors appointed.
Interesting to follow that link and then Google names leading to other links. As the saying goes 'a whole new ball game'.
Shepperton Supporter

Brit wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:59 am [quote=Adam post_id=4061 time=<a href="tel:1671756640">1671756640</a> user_id=79]
https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history
Another 4 directors appointed.
Interesting to follow that link and then Google names leading to other links. As the saying goes 'a whole new ball game'.
[/quote]

As you say interesting. Just wonder what they see in us. Time will tell. Could be an interesting time ahead.
RogerB

Clicking on the links produces more questions than answers.
New director Scott Forbes is described as "Chairman". Does this mean he is taking over from Jacques, who I thought was staying on as chairman?
Another new director is Bruno Petruzzo, born 1948, presumably the father. His address is given as Beveree Stadium. Now I doubt if he's dossing on a camp bed in the board room so I assume this is a cover address for someone based in Italy.
I note that the address of the company solicitor is given as Pride Park, Derby. ???
In the new company articles, I notice that there is a stipulation that nobody has the right to inspect the company accounts. Is this normal?

Can someone who understands these things please explain to me how this current takeover differs from when Matthew Boon sold out to Joe Dixon?
RogerB

Having delved further, the solicitor I mentioned is Simon Davers of Geldards law firm situated on the Pride Park business park. Simon has "particular expertise in the sports sector, predominantly football, where he has advised on the sale and purchase of football clubs along with general law advice to Clubs including regulatory matters."
TW3 Beaver

RogerB wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:54 pm Having delved further, the solicitor I mentioned is Simon Davers of Geldards law firm situated on the Pride Park business park. Simon has "particular expertise in the sports sector, predominantly football, where he has advised on the sale and purchase of football clubs along with general law advice to Clubs including regulatory matters."
Hopefully not advising Derby County, as they have been in a mess for the last few years.