Changes at top.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
RogerB

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:44 pm The new owners should be looking to take us out this league. But it may be into The Isthmian league.
More likely to be into the Southern League with trips to Merthyr and Truro to reckon with.
As for the boardroom changes, "scam alert" warning bells are ringing in my head. The press release contained a lot of grandiose "corporate-speak" but it was couched in such vague language that it gave little insight into the intentions of the new "owners". And why do they seem unwilling to work with the Supporters' Trust?
Lord Elpus

RogerB wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:45 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:44 pm The new owners should be looking to take us out this league. But it may be into The Isthmian league.
More likely to be into the Southern League with trips to Merthyr and Truro to reckon with.
As for the boardroom changes, "scam alert" warning bells are ringing in my head. The press release contained a lot of grandiose "corporate-speak" but it was couched in such vague language that it gave little insight into the intentions of the new "owners". And why do they seem unwilling to work with the Supporters' Trust?
I was turned off by the grandiose corporate speak as well, it never, ever comes across well, and the unwillingness to have the Trust on board is a mistake as well as bad PR. But I have been really trying to consider what is actually at risk here...we don't own the ground so they can't sell it. As has been suggested, there aren't really any assets that can be put on a lorry and removed. The only risk would appear to be how these improvements and new things for the "matchday experience" are actually going to be funded. Or am I missing something?
I do hope that a load of debt won't be run up in the club's name for example.
HamptonMad

The only Asset that can be put on a lorry and removed is The Club Car.
Josh2002

I thought the club car had its own thread?
BevereeMaster

They worked with a team in Uruguay I believe or some South American side and used their current model that they want to use with us with them and I think (may be wrong) they got them like 3-4 promotions in about as many years. This gives me a lot of optimism plus the fact they are well respected businessmen who have brought in other well respected businessmen like the founder of Rightmove suggests to me they would not ruin their reputation for a step 2 village club.
Brit

I'd like to think that initially we would give Ramayana the benefit of douubt and feel positive about their intentions. Especially as I mentioned there seems little in it for them in this move to ownership except to progress the club.
Tony

The NL restrictions on debt make it very difficult to load clubs with debt these days.
tones

Why the secrecy about taking over the club. Nothing was mentioned on this site until now which is supposedly followed by the fans. Their has certainly been no investment in the playing staff so far. Surely that's what the club needs at the moment.
Big Rich

No secrecy if you are a Trust Member. It was all made very clear, but the documents were confidential and we weren’t allowed to share them. I think we should try and be positive about the future and see what happens.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:13 pm The only Asset that can be put on a lorry and removed is The Club Car.
The owners have promised some new windscreen wipers for the club car and a roof box for Dowson’s old floodlight bulbs so they don’t rattle around in the boot with all the tins of tomato soup.
Big Rich

Big Rich wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:11 pm No secrecy if you are a Trust Member. It was all made very clear, but the documents were confidential and we weren’t allowed to share them. I think we should try and be positive about the future and see what happens.
I for one am looking forward to what new ideas they can bring to the club. I understand the points made about ‘corporate speak’ but it’s very difficult for people in their position to sound anything other than that! I thought they were as genuine and thoughtful as could be expected.
Shepperton Supporter

This for many supporters will be a new and unfamiliar approach to running a football club especially at our level. These investors are experienced businessmen and feel they want to achieve something that we will look back with pride. Let’s hope I am right!
Would expect them to invest in the ground and its facilities which will be of benefit for us all., They will not allow relegation this season I am sure. As for subsequent seasons, pitch successes lead to increased gates, more publicity and increased off field revenue especially if linked with better club facilities.