Changes at top.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

Hope we get a new Club Car.
Brit

Whilst welcoming new interest , financial support and management control I am curious about the term "new owners" unless the maximum 30%? share ownership had been changed. Or is it just that a combination of voting rights between Petruzzo and the Chairman gives effective control. Looking forward to the earlier comment about levelling the pitch for an artificial surface as one of many changes to happen. Good luck to the new owners (?) with a positive outlook.
Rob Overfield

Brit

In the end, they’ll own or have control of over 90% of the club shares.

The supporters won’t have any more input into the club’s affairs, like they had with the Trust holding shares.

Make of it what you will.
Lord Elpus

I was wondering when there'd be an announcement made about this, given that the vote was last Thursday. It'll be interesting to see exactly how this desire for "transformation and growth" actually manifests itself at a small club like ours. These are a few thoughts, and I will now give a cynical old git alert on behalf of myself...
Without wishing to come over like one of those candidates on The Apprentice, we don't really have much "reach" beyond TW12 and we aren't ever really going to be a "brand" as such, we are a small, local football club who a lot of people end up following precisely because notions of growth and transformation have put us off following bigger football clubs. And why does the "matchday experience" need enhancing? And how? Presumably this means making more money out of people. I buy a season ticket, usually have a pint beforehand and a cup of tea at half time and I'm more than happy with that. The only enhancement needed of my current matchday experience would be the occasional victory...
If it's all about making the club more sustainable then that's great, and good luck to the guys, as surely the main priority has to be ensuring we still have a club capable of competing at this or a similar level of senior football in, say, another 30 years time. I think we'd probably all be happy with that wouldn't we?
I'm also just a bit concerned about why the Supporter's Trust don't seem to be wanted or required. Surely there isn't any downside to having the supporter voice on board? I'm really interested to see how this all pans out but I'm sure none of us would relish a boom and bust situation with no chance of influencing the outcome...
Tony

Who would have thought Forrest Green Rovers from Nailsworth, a population of 5,500 would be an EFL team? Or indeed Dorking becoming a NL team? Now obviously both of these are to an extent vanity projects which are backed by investment larger than we usually see at our level (and may implode at some point if they are not sustainable) but clearly smaller teams can punch above their weight with strong investment behind them.
Brit

OK I have now caught up with the fact that there was a recent resolution for shareholders which was presumably to agree to new share arrangements via a change in the Articles of Association.
Last edited by Brit on Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shepperton Supporter

Think that for most of us their attitude to how they will run the club in future is a matter of speculation. From what we have been told these people and their investors are experienced business people , that so, they will do things rightly, hopefully not destroying the family feel we all love.
It will be interesting to see the make up of the new board and who of the current board remains into the future. My experience of this type of acquisition is to see what you have and then keep the personal that fit .
Time will tell, they must have seen something that excited them to make such a large investment? Get strapped in for what could be an exciting ride!
Brit

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:57 am Think that for most of us their attitude to how they will run the club in future is a matter of speculation. From what we have been told these people and their investors are experienced business people , that so, they will do things rightly, hopefully not destroying the family feel we all love.
It will be interesting to see the make up of the new board and who of the current board remains into the future. My experience of this type of acquisition is to see what you have and then keep the personal that fit .
Time will tell, they must have seen something that excited them to make such a large investment? Get strapped in for what could be an exciting ride!
The removeable physical assets are minimal and the ground as we know is leased but what they do now have is a registered FA club playing in a route to the EFL league. Can only conjecture where the club will be taken going forward. Ground restrictions would only make possible one more step (if that).
Last edited by Brit on Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shepperton Supporter

Think most of us would agree that one step up would be as far as we could go given some of the restrictions you highlight.
Tony

I think we should be more concerned about staying in this league rather than what happens when we go into the EFL.
HamptonMad

The new owners should be looking to take us out this league. But it may be into The Isthmian league.