MSC - Admission Prices

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Has the club announced admission prices for Tuesday night vs Hayes & Yeading United? Last week it was going to be £8 adults which I think is too much for a competition that most people regard as unimportant. As a comparison, Brentford are offering £10 tickets for their League Cup fixtures this season. I think we need to do more work to entice people into these matches or we risk having an attendance of <100 and making a loss on the night. Also listening to Gary's comments it's likely there will be lots of academy players featured on Tuesday.

There's a good opportunity to achieve a higher-than-average attendance on Tuesday because none of the local non-league teams are playing (Hanworth, Spelthorne, Met Police, Bedfont Sports, Ashford Town all without games). The only local-ish games are Molesey vs Godalming Town (Surrey Intermediate Cup) and Bedfont vs Sandhurst Town (Combined Counties Div One).

For example, we could try:
- 'Football for a fiver'
- Kids go free
- Free drinks voucher for Saturday's game
- There are two World Cup matches on Tuesday (Mexico vs Poland 4pm; France vs Australia 7pm). What about happy hour 4-6.30pm, arrive before then to watch Mexico/Poland and get in free... or something World Cup related.
- Double ticket offer for Tues and Sat games

I know it might not seem like a big deal for a fixture that won't attract a massive crowd, but much was made of the club's poor finances during recent supporter meetings and increasing the gate by 50 or 100 people here and there is what we need to be aiming for.
HamptonMad

TW2-Beaver wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:43 am Has the club announced admission prices for Tuesday night vs Hayes & Yeading United? Last week it was going to be £8 adults which I think is too much for a competition that most people regard as unimportant. As a comparison, Brentford are offering £10 tickets for their League Cup fixtures this season. I think we need to do more work to entice people into these matches or we risk having an attendance of <100 and making a loss on the night. Also listening to Gary's comments it's likely there will be lots of academy players featured on Tuesday.

There's a good opportunity to achieve a higher-than-average attendance on Tuesday because none of the local non-league teams are playing (Hanworth, Spelthorne, Met Police, Bedfont Sports, Ashford Town all without games). The only local-ish games are Molesey vs Godalming Town (Surrey Intermediate Cup) and Bedfont vs Sandhurst Town (Combined Counties Div One).

- 'Football for a fiver'
- Kids go free
- There are two World Cup matches on Tuesday (Mexico vs Poland 4pm; France vs Australia 7pm). What about happy hour 4-6.30pm, arrive before then to watch Mexico/Poland and get in free... or something World Cup related.

I know it might not seem like a big deal for a fixture that won't attract a massive crowd, but much was made of the club's poor finances during recent supporter meetings and increasing the gate by 50 or 100 people here and there is what we need to be aiming for.
Throw the gates open. Free admission. And a free ride in The Club Car around The Water Board.
Big Rich

TW2-Beaver wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:43 am Has the club announced admission prices for Tuesday night vs Hayes & Yeading United? Last week it was going to be £8 adults which I think is too much for a competition that most people regard as unimportant. As a comparison, Brentford are offering £10 tickets for their League Cup fixtures this season. I think we need to do more work to entice people into these matches or we risk having an attendance of <100 and making a loss on the night. Also listening to Gary's comments it's likely there will be lots of academy players featured on Tuesday.

- 'Football for a fiver'
- Kids go free

All great ideas IMO.
Les1949

Lesley would love the free admission offer. She wouldn't have to come out on a chilly midweek evening and freeze in a draughty turnstile!
HamptonMad

Les1949 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:21 pm Lesley would love the free admission offer. She wouldn't have to come out on a chilly midweek evening and freeze in a draughty turnstile!
Lesley needs a New shed with Heating..
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:17 pm
Les1949 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:21 pm Lesley would love the free admission offer. She wouldn't have to come out on a chilly midweek evening and freeze in a draughty turnstile!
Lesley needs a New shed with Heating..
There are some spare coats in the club shop. But they are quite thin so you might need two of them.