Welling Utd Home Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Very entertaining game where manager will be a bit disappointed that we didn’t get the win. Welling looked a good side and first half was even despite a very doubtful penalty to the visitors. Gray was very unlucky hitting the underside of the bar but apart from that not many clear chances. Second half we largely dominated possession and got into some good positions without finding the finish needed. To be fair Welling defended well when needed. Good performances all round which should give us confidence for Torquay next Saturday.
ExRef

Welling were the worst disciplined side (imo) seen at the Bev so far this season, typified by their Manager who was red carded despite Sam Cox’s attempted intervention. Useful draw but might have snatched towards the end.
TW3 Beaver

From the Radio Beaver commentary it sounded like Welling were time wasting from the moment they took the lead.
Lord Elpus

Tony hit the nail on the head in his report. Good display against a decent side and a bit unlucky not to take all three points. That's what supporters want to see...a Hampton side digging deep and playing with grit and determination whilst really putting in a shift.
If we play like we did in the second half today against Torquay next weekend then we have a chance.
Mucky knees

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:56 pm 1.1 Final score.Thats it start The Club car Mr Barbel lets get out of here. Told you we would get a point.
HM where are you in our prediction table. . I can't seem to find you..

MK
Shepperton Supporter

Yes a much better performance from the team playing against an experienced and well funded team. Thought we struggled a bit in the first half and went behind to a dubious penality. Gray hit the post so we could have gone in at half time all square.
Parity was achieved early in the second half with a Block penality. We were much better after the break and could have won it.
Several players had their best game and a tactical change worked well.
Mention has been made of Welling’s play, they certainly know how to play the man first and it exposed some player’s inexperience, which will hopefully help them in future. The referee booked was it six players? Plus sending off their manager. Would be interested in the video and comments from Welling.
HamptonMad

Mucky knees wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:53 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:56 pm 1.1 Final score.Thats it start The Club car Mr Barbel lets get out of here. Told you we would get a point.

1 The Club Car
2 Big Rich
3Lord Elpus
4 Mr Barbel
5 Tony
6 Shep
7 Hampton Mad
26 MK
27 Sunbury Cricket Club.
MK
Last edited by HamptonMad on Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shepperton Supporter

Last edited by Shepperton Supporter on Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:16 pm

1 The Club Car
2 Big Rich
3 Mr Barbel
4 Hampton Mad
26 MK
27 Sunbury Cricket Club.
MK
I am just ahead of Mr Barbel. It can’t last. I keep tipping Dartford to lose. The Club Car will be hard to beat.
TW10

Welling were very physical and their manager Feeney behaved like a lunatic on the touchline. I felt for the young lad on loan from Bromley he couldn’t cope with the intensity. I thought Illic or Ade should have come on for him much sooner.
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:15 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:16 pm

1 The Club Car
2 Big Rich
3 Mr Barbel
4 Hampton Mad
26 MK
27 Sunbury Cricket Club.
MK
I am just ahead of Mr Barbel. It can’t last. I keep tipping Dartford to lose. The Club Car will be hard to beat.
The Club Car is a top tipping machine Big Rich. Agree will be hard to beat.