FA Cup

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:05 pm
Mucky knees wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:58 pm HM! if there is a club car let's have a photograph of it then. Also Sunbury cc may have finished third bottom but they stay in the top division. The only team to stay in that division since the competition began over 50 years ago!

MK
You can have a ride in The Club Car if you want.
Here is the club car: 🚘
Start the car!
Big Rich

Again, from a different angle: 🚙
Jamie

Nice new paint job.
The white was starting to fade a bit.
Shepperton Supporter

Not got a good feeling about this one! We have so many injuries especially in defence. Not sure if the loan players will be available if not, we might be struggling to field a decent side.
Tony

We have signed two, yes two, young keepers, from QPR as Mark Smith departs. I understand Smith didn’t want to be cup tied unless the club was prepared to offer a longer term deal. With Julian still out for an unknown period looks like we have three loanees in the back five for the foreseeable.
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:14 pm We have signed two, yes two, young keepers, from QPR as Mark Smith departs. I understand Smith didn’t want to be cup tied unless the club was prepared to offer a longer term deal. With Julian still out for an unknown period looks like we have three loanees in the back five for the foreseeable.
Hopefully I am wrong but not offering Smith might turn our to be a bad decision if Julian is out for a long time. He is in his late 30s and injuries take that much longer to clear up.
As Tony mentioned a defence made up of young loanees for a foreseeable future could place us in a relegation position.
Shepperton Supporter

First keeper.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Wal ... born_2002)

The other keeper has been on loan at Uxbridge, he might be cup tied?
Tony

I didn’t say that would place us in a relegation position! So far been impressed by Davis and Vincent had a good game on Tuesday. The trouble as we know is the constant chopping and changing that comes with loanees. Davis I understand is with us for 3 months but Vincent one. Shroll like his last time with us seems to spend most of the time injured. We are deliberately running with a smaller squad but have four key players out - Fernandez, Barzey, Julian and Inman - plus Shroll. Assuming everyone is on a contract it is a cheaper option to bring in loanees. We can’t really give both Smith and Julian contracts given their experience and seniority. Makes sense to bridge to Julian returning to fitness although I have no idea how long that might be.
Tony

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:50 pm First keeper.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Wal ... born_2002)

The other keeper has been on loan at Uxbridge, he might be cup tied?
Didn’t play in either of their cup games. Whether QPR want him cup tied is another question.
RogerB

Hope they're as good as our last loanee keeper from QPR!
Lord Elpus

Some of our signings do seem a bit muddled at times. Didn't we sign a keeper in pre-season and sent him out on loan? Keepers are like busses at Hampton...
Tony

Ironically he’s cup tied.