Preparations for new season

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
RogerB

Can anyone help with answers to these questions, please? (sorry if I've missed announcements on the website)

- do we have a new shirt sponsor?

- has the new playing kit for the season that starts in 9 days been put on display anywhere?

- is the raffle for the naming rights of Beveree up and running?

Thanks for any help.
Whoryer

I was wondering the same things,and thought Gary's 12th Man was happening again,but nothing since.Also nothing about the planning application for the new pitch,and nothing about our new shareholders.I thought there would've been a chairman update by now about it all
Jamie

RogerB wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:21 pm Can anyone help with answers to these questions, please? (sorry if I've missed announcements on the website)

- do we have a new shirt sponsor?

- has the new playing kit for the season that starts in 9 days been put on display anywhere?

- is the raffle for the naming rights of Beveree up and running?

Thanks for any help.
Just ask Gr Tourist to sit down before I give my reply on this, I think the club needs defending on the above issues.

1) New shirt sponsor - after having a good lengthy deal with Fotmob, it will take time to get the right new principle sponsor, and to try and get the best deal for the club (ie as much money as possible)
With sponsorship FA regulations allowing a) one main front of shirt sponsor b) one smaller sponsor above OR below the numbers on the back c) one left sleeve sponsor d) on back of shorts sponsor
It makes sense to leave as long as possible to try and maximise all those spaces to be sold to generate as much additional income as possible.

2) New playing kit - I would refer to the above, perhaps delayed announcement while all sponsors confirmed.
Also, refer to a BBC news article last week, as of last week only 44 of the 92 football league clubs were able to confirm both their new kits would be ready for the start of the season.
The big brands who invest in millions of pounds of stock kits, are months behind with the after affects of Covid. Factories being shut for so long, so no production in Asia, Pakistan etc, when usually these would be made over 6 to 9 months, then sent on sea freight. Freight also a massive issue and not enough of the big metal containers are available, so ports are massively backlogged.
Obviously these brands will be needing to get the big pro deal clubs sorted to. Hampton being with Joma, they should be okay on most of the ranges being available.

3) Raffle for naming rights of Beveree - this was an absolutely brilliant thing the club did successfully for 2 years. Great idea, by Seb I believe.... but maybe the club think doing a third time may be milking it a bit too far, will it be as popular as before, when it was more unique and got a lot of online coverage. At step 2, it's a very hard deal to sell naming rights on a ground, with limited exposure, so I don't think there should be any criticism if this isn't secured this season. No point doing it for a small amount, may as way play a longer game and try secure a bigger deal.
RogerB

I've just noticed that the new home and away shirts for 22/23 do appear in our online shop. Home - basically all red with blue flash on sleeves. Away - back to sky blue and white stripes. Clearly, we're still negotiating with sponsors so perhaps that's why there's been no publicity about it.
But... also appearing in the online shop is the draw to name Beveree for 22/23 and I haven't seen any publicity at all about this and the draw will be made in less than 2 weeks. Surely, in order to get in as many £10s as possible, we need to give this maximum coverage.