Met Police away on Wednesday

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Hopefully the heat might have abated a bit for this rearranged game. It will give an opportunity to look again at the new players as they continue to settle in. Might see some returning trialists and perhaps a few new ones. Gary will be starting to firm up his squad and he has said there are a few slots to fill especially up front?
HamptonMad

Imber court Met Police Wednesday. I had better get The Club Car taxed before we go there. And a Mot. Still got 8 match balls in the boot Big Rich and a floodlight bulb.
Shepperton Supporter

Lost 2-0 to a team one step below us. Interested to hear reports from those in attendance.
Lord Elpus

I genuinely don't understand what we learn from these games. I know that managers always say it's not about results, that game time is the all-important thing. Well, giving game time to triallists who clearly aren't good enough just seems a bit pointless. I can understand playing triallists in the first couple of friendlies, but after that I'd be trying to get the side to gel. But hey, I'm not a football manager...
Tony

Not a lot to be happy about albeit not our first choice XI. No Wood or Fernandes ( ? Injured?) so played two trialists up front each half. Same one as Saturday in first half ( no impact) and unknown in second half ( bit more but nothing too exciting). Whilst we had most of the possession we were also guilty of sloppy passing at times which allowed Met Police to counter attack. Their goals came from misplaced passes by Black and then Donaldson. Black was particularly guilty at making unforced errors. Most of our chances came through Barzey who continues to impress but not much else to write home about attack-wise. Thought Iontton was our best midfielder tonight, Inman our best defender and Kurran-Browne added a bit more when he came on.
Tony

Gary’s post match comments suggests he is a bit concerned. Suggest we now look to play the starting XI as The Good Lord sayeth and forgo the fringe players and Academy lads. If a recognised striker comes along then OK but needs to have a proven record at this level.
TW10

We started brightly with Barzey and Ade both dangerous with the latter hitting the post. It then became pretty even with Met Police tidy in possession and a few of there players would easily get in our side..their 10 in midfield is a decent player. Disagree with Tony about lontton, I think he looks one paced and is a long way behind the likes of whittingham and TMR for that holding role alongside presumably Gray and Ade. The two trialist strikers on show tonight did little to impress..we can make a decent starting 11 but are definitely looking short on goals. Illic and Barzey have been the stand out players in pre season alongside Inman, but he always plays well. Lets hope there is some fallout our way from strikers current trialing at Conference or league 2 sides..
Tony

Just said he was the best in midfield tonight. Whittingham did very little in my view. Seemed to be arguing with Gary over something in the first half.
Shepperton Supporter

Reading these reports it seems to emphasize what we already know that we will struggle for goals . Wood did not play and he should be someone who needs to contribute in this area. Let’s hope Gary can pick up a decent striker.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:08 pm Imber court Met Police Wednesday. I had better get The Club Car taxed before we go there. And a Mot. Still got 8 match balls in the boot Big Rich and a floodlight bulb.
That’s good to hear HM although we will need new LED bulbs for the new floodlights. Perhaps we can donate the old ones to Staines and Lammas FC. Start the car!!!
Mucky knees

Big Rich wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:27 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:08 pm Imber court Met Police Wednesday. I had better get The Club Car taxed before we go there. And a Mot. Still got 8 match balls in the boot Big Rich and a floodlight bulb.
That’s good to hear HM although we will need new LED bulbs for the new floodlights. Perhaps we can donate the old ones to Staines and Lammas FC. Start the car!!!
BR should read start the CLUB car!!!

MK
Big Rich

Mucky knees wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:19 pm
Big Rich wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:27 pm
BR should read start the CLUB car!!!

MK
Thanks for the spot MK.