Season over.... but is it?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Jamie

Last few weeks been looking over shoulders at the bottom of the league if things kept going badly.
However amazing what a couple of wins can do.
Builds confidence.... and the crazy thing is, now 'only' 9 points off playoffs with a game in hand.

Stranger things have happened!

As a Villa supporter a late 10 match winning streak got us into the playoffs and winning promotion.

Dare to dream!!!
Adam

We will soon know having to play 2 of the top 3 in the next 2 games.
tones

So relegation is no longer a threat even if we have a poor run of matches again?
Tony

If we lost nearly all of our remaining games, it is still mathematically possible we could go down providing other teams below us pick up enough points. Looking at remaining fixtures I don’t see us failing to pick up another 10-15 points so feel we are safe but can never be too complacent.
Jamie

Wow... there I was looking to be positive and look up the table, and the next few comments talk about not being mathematically safe.
Even moving up a couple more places would show a good end to the season and improve Gary's chances of attracting better calibre players in the summer.
Tony

Mathematically we can still get into the playoffs if that helps. Do I think we will? No, but my own prediction is to finish 11th. Compared to hopes at the start of the season that would be disappointing, compared to where we were a month ago, then satisfactory. If the club thought play offs were still realistic then I guess we would be seeing a bit more transfer activity.
Lord Elpus

Well James Roberts has just been recalled by Havant, so don't get your hopes up about a late surge...
Tony

Brilliant! So we lose our only two experienced forwards in a couple of weeks. Always the problem when relying on loans of course. Presumably we will recall Slew from AFC Fylde? I suspect not.Hopefully we can get someone else in on loan to fill the gap.
Lord Elpus

It just shows how the loan system is just doing other clubs' work for them and is no way to build a proper team.
Shepperton Supporter

Doswell has done it again! That’s the third striker he has.loaned us and recalled early when they started to look good. (For those interested - Ledgister and Coombes).

Havant now by my calculations have six experienced strikers on their books.

Would expect another loan .
GRTourist

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:25 pm Doswell has done it again! That’s the third striker he has.loaned us and recalled early when they started to look good. (For those interested - Ledgister and Coombes).

Havant now by my calculations have six experienced strikers on their books.

Would expect another loan .
As soon as Aldershot recalled Alfy Whittingham from Havant this was on the cards I think. Very frustrating though! Like Zach Robinson he had been really impressive the last few weeks, and (also like Zach) he was a really positive guy to have around.