Chelmsford away

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

Chelmsford away Saturday. There last 2 games away, beat Dulwich 3.1 and a draw against Braintree 2.2. They sit a point behind us in the league, with a game in hand. Looks a tough game to me. It will take time for our new players to bed in.
HamptonMad

Lost 1.0 James 79 min. Start the Club Car Mr Barbel lets get out of here.
Big Rich

Tough fixture. But could have got a point.
Shepperton Supporter

Our poor run continues. The bottom three all won so our points cushion shrunk. Interesting to read detailed reports .
Tony

Not at the game. Seemed to be in it for long periods so shame came away with another defeat. 11 defeats in last 14. Bottom 3 all won today.

As manager said, with the new recruits on board the expectation is that we will start to accumulate points. I wonder if any targets have been set and how long he will be given. Next up are Tonbridge and Chippenham where we really need to get something.
Lord Elpus

11 defeats in 14. The Hampton Manager post must be the safest job in football, I can't see any other club tolerating that record. I'm glad we're not seen as a club that sacks people every few months but this is very tolerant indeed.
Shepperton Supporter

Lord Elpus wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:03 pm 11 defeats in 14. The Hampton Manager post must be the safest job in football, I can't see any other club tolerating that record. I'm glad we're not seen as a club that sacks people every few months but this is very tolerant indeed.
Can understand your comments, agree at many clubs he would have lost his job, especially as he has dismantled the team that was close to the playoffs . We have got in loan players releasing our own. Gary has talked about getting in loans with next season in mind. However some of these players are unlikely to be available and others might not be long term what we require.
As has been pointed out the next couple of games , if lost, would increase pressure on Gary . Hope we don’t get to this position.