New Signings

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Some details on our new signing. Will be interesting to see how he fits into the current formation. As can be seen, he has had a lot of moves in his career.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iffy_Allen

Interesting comments from the Dulwich manager.
RogerB

I do feel rather sad that we are signing a player who, in the Lewes pecking order, was below Razz Coleman who we let go at the start of the season. Razz, meanwhile, has been a regular goalscorer in a team challenging for promotion to the NLS. Hope my feelings are unfounded.
Shepperton Supporter

RogerB wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:42 am I do feel rather sad that we are signing a player who, in the Lewes pecking order, was below Razz Coleman who we let go at the start of the season. Razz, meanwhile, has been a regular goalscorer in a team challenging for promotion to the NLS. Hope my feelings are unfounded.
Don’t think you are the only one who has noticed this.
Tony

Maybe we just need some extra bodies to give options. If he turns out to be a winner then possibly a longer term stay. An out of form player coming into a struggling side may not be a recipe for success.
Shepperton Supporter

We have come from a position of a squad that would be expected to be near playoffs to a team that if it had not banked it’s points earlier would be staring at relegation. The squad turnover is quite staggering and for supporters is very alarming.
Personally I would look to strengthen the spine of the team, central defender is vital and hopefully Roberts might help up front. I think midfield needs some sorting as we seem to resort to too many passes that give at best, the forwards a 50/50 chance.
TW10

“I think midfield needs some sorting as we seem to resort to too many passes that give at best, the forwards a 50/50 chance“

You are being far too generous re 50/50 as the big hoof from the back to Robinson with two big centre backs all over him gives us much less chance than 50/50 to get decent possession. Also prob u fair on the midfield as I think the instruction is pretty much to bypass them and smash it long.. look what we do from a KO.. it’s almost like rugby, kicking for touch to gain territory. It’s an awful way to play, undermines our better players and ultimately is ineffective as since we’ve adopted this we have lost most of our games
Shepperton Supporter

I note we have a friendly at Wealdstone on Wednesday. I would imagine it has been arranged to look at potential signings as well as getting players into a newer system?
It is open to public with a small entrance fee, cannot make it myself but would be interested to read any comments.
Tony

Who are we playing? Wealdstone are playing tonight so probably their reserves?
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:32 pm Who are we playing? Wealdstone are playing tonight so probably their reserves?
Would think it would be a team of reserves and fringe first team. There might also be a couple of players returning from injury.

Would think our team make up would be similar to our hosts except we might have some trialists as well as recent signings to see how they will be fitted in. Any reports greatly appreciated.
Shepperton Supporter

No report from us but from our hosts forum, they took the lead and then we scored four without reply. So a 1-4 win. Our hosts were not at full strength, no idea what our team was. Might get details later?
Shepperton Supporter

Zach Robinson has extended his stay on loan till the end of this season. Wonder how many more loans we would take on, if so then one would expect some to be returned.
Tony

Manager reports we have also signed a centre back, just waiting for paperwork to go through.