News of former players

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
tones

Clubs keep their fans in the dark about lots of things. Wouldn't do for the great unwashed to know too much about how the club is being run. Players as well as fan are expendable.
TW3 Beaver

tones wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:58 pm Clubs keep their fans in the dark about lots of things. Wouldn't do for the great unwashed to know too much about how the club is being run. Players as well as fan are expendable.
Fans will always be there.
Players come and go, as do owners.
GRTourist

BevereeMaster wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:34 pm How come you knew this but the regular match going fans didn’t? Shouldn’t there be some clarity between club and fans about what’s happening with our youth players or players in general.
I knew it because I write up the player profiles and manage the squad page. Our squad page is an accurate representation of who is and isn't involved with the first team. Players out on loan/dual reg (Temi Babalola and Endurance Johnson) are listed as such.

I know I'm beating a tired drum, but we are a media team of volunteers, we have busy day jobs, and we aren't always available to write a website article, and so we have to prioritise. Sometimes a player departing the club isn't the priority for writing an article - indeed, quite a few clubs in our league don't ever publish player departures. I don't write the articles, so don't really have a horse in the race on that, but I have to say I think it's pretty good - just today there have been four news updates published, including on the loan status of Adam Leathers and Matteo Salamon.
Les1949

It was all so different in 'my day'. All we had available was the 'BeaverLine', updated by Adrian and then by myself. Some managers would never tell you about new signings or depatures., wouldn't even pass the time of day. And as for Player Photos and Profiles, no chance. Loads of info floating about now, Supporters nowadays don't know their born........ eeh havin' to stand around drafty tunnels waiting for the odd word and then when we did manage to get some info................good old days,let me tell you...........on and on and on for 94 pages (apologies to Monty Python & Private Eye!). :lol:
Shepperton Supporter

In my time information only became public like match reports when you read them in the local paper the next week! None of this internet stuff!
Don’t think there was such a thing as player loans in the 60s. Players were ‘amateur ‘ so less likely to move during the season. Hampton had a very settled squad with changes generally in the closed season. Signings / departures were announced in the papers.
There were player profiles were in the programe .
A very different pace of life!
BevereeMaster

Any news on that Australian kid Jack McLoughlin, heard his mum asked for him to come back to Australia - apparently parents back him with a lot of money to become pro- which clearly hasn’t worked but not sure If he’s gone back yet or not.
Josh2002

BevereeMaster wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:06 pm Any news on that Australian kid Jack McLoughlin, heard his mum asked for him to come back to Australia - apparently parents back him with a lot of money to become pro- which clearly hasn’t worked but not sure If he’s gone back yet or not.
Was wondering where he’d been too, heard similar also.
GRTourist

BevereeMaster wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:06 pm Any news on that Australian kid Jack McLoughlin, heard his mum asked for him to come back to Australia - apparently parents back him with a lot of money to become pro- which clearly hasn’t worked but not sure If he’s gone back yet or not.
Got an injury and has gone back to Australia.
Tony

Got an injury! We do find them don’t we? Played one game only.
BevereeMaster

Tony wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:27 am Got an injury! We do find them don’t we? Played one game only.
Gary probably signed him from his videos on LinkedIn
Lord Elpus

Sounds like a bit of a desperate signing and a disaster all round...
Josh2002

Reise Allassani, who was with us earlier in the season has joined Wingate and Finchley.