Slough away on Tuesday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Lost 4-1. That’s four lost on the spin, one goal scored. Season beginning to fall apart after a promising start.
Shepperton Supporter

According to Gary the team only had two training sessions in the last 17 days. Not ideal preparation, think that’s 7 conceded in the last two away games.
As mentioned the team is in a bad place at present, before the game Slough were just below us, this result puts into perspective where the teams are relatively. Gary decided against new recruits, he needs some now!
Slough are a well managed by two men who might have been with us if you read Tony’s recent book page 48!
Mucky knees

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:44 pm 4.1 Muir. Taxi for McCan.
You told everyone last month you were off to sunny Spain returning on March. So from what I can gather there is NO club car and NO Mister Barbel and NO come to think of it Lance ĹOL!!!

MK
TW10

Terrible performance, would have been a lot worse but for four great saves from Julian in the first half. Outplayed and lost battles all the park. Then to cap it off Wassmer starts punching Deadfield in the dugout when they were both subbed. Bizarre stuff. Wassmer had a poor game, really struggled on the surface and against the mobility of sloughs forward. Not sure why Gondoh didn’t start, started to play a bit when he came on.
TW3 Beaver

Mucky knees wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:54 pm
You told everyone last month you were off to sunny Spain returning on March. So from what I can gather there is NO club car and NO Mister Barbel and NO come to think of it Lance ĹOL!!!

MK
Any comment on today's game, seeing as this is a thread about it?
Tony

Gary said he decided not to make additional signings but not entirely clear why. Sounded a bit like concern that current Covid situation may have made timing wrong if we were to go into another lockdown. As I wasn’t at the game I can’t comment too much on the performance but results suggest we need some fresh blood or ideas to get us out of this run of form. Hungerford got a bit of a spanking too today so maybe the right time to play them.

Post script. Just listened to Gary’s post match comments and clearly there are a few divisions in the camp that need sorting quickly. I remember when Dowse first came in he had to face different cliques in the team and moved on a couple of popular players to make his point. Took a while to find a winning formula though. Tough test of management.
HamptonMad

Mucky knees wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:54 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:44 pm 4.1 Muir. Taxi for McCan.

I am on the beach listening to the press mans commentary. You have lost the plot Mk.
MK
Shepperton Supporter

Just heard Gary’s comments if there divisions within the squad then no meaningful progress will be made until Gary sorts it out. As Tony stated, Dowse in a similar situation cleared out some players to regain team spirit.
Let’s hope he acts quickly and gets replacements before the season drifts away from us.
TW10

Anyone know the names of who Gary was going to sign?
HamptonMad

TW10 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:00 pm Anyone know the names of who Gary was going to sign?
Leave it out you can't ask that on er
Lord Elpus

Gary's got a difficult job on his hands if today was anything to go by. It really could have been 7 or 8, and if anything our consolation gave it a respectability we didn't deserve.
I don't know about any factions, we aren't party to that stuff, but there are too many players simply not doing their jobs on the pitch. And a couple just aren't good enough for the level, despite their application. Changes are needed and a bit of a reboot looks like it's needed sooner rather than later. A freshening up of the squad is never a bad thing but anyone brought in needs to be experienced at the level, not simply another young loanee.
There is a frustration creeping in amongst quite a few supporters though, and we've always been a very patient and tolerant bunch. Another couple of performances like today will only see that increase.
TW10

It was only recently the same squad was playing entertaining football and getting results..I have a lot of faith in the manager and believe we are lucky to have him..After today I think wassmer will be lucky to play for the club again. Dunno what happened with him and Deadfield but his behaviour was appalling