F A Trophy

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

We are scheduled to enter this competition in today’s draw. Would be nice to get a home tie against opponents from a lower league.
Lord Elpus

Well it's lower league opposition alright, but its away...to Plymouth Parkway! Think I'd have settled for Binfield or Hanwell quite frankly...
Tony

Crumbs, won’t be going to that one, sorry.
Shepperton Supporter

Just beat Salisbury from a league above 4-0 in the last round. Warning signs !

Currently mid table in their league.
Josh2002

I know it's still early, but I wonder if the club are thinking of putting on a supporter's coach, as Parkway's website states parking is limited?
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Josh2002 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:06 pm I know it's still early, but I wonder if the club are thinking of putting on a supporter's coach, as Parkway's website states parking is limited?
A few of us are booked onto the 08.04 train from London Paddington, arrives 11.10 👍🍻
HamptonMad

I will be going with Mr Barbel in The Club car.
Lord Elpus

Looks like the club are asking supporters to register their interest re the feasibility of running a coach to Plymouth. It's over on twitter though, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to register your interest if you're not on twitter. Someone might know.
I can't go unfortunately but it looks like a good awayday.
GRTourist

Lord Elpus wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:15 pm Looks like the club are asking supporters to register their interest re the feasibility of running a coach to Plymouth. It's over on twitter though, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to register your interest if you're not on twitter. Someone might know.
I can't go unfortunately but it looks like a good awayday.
They have put it on Facebook today as well. If there's anyone on here who isn't on social media you're welcome to send me a direct message on here and I'll make sure your name goes on the list?
Tony

Potential banana skin for Hampton with PP showing some good form in recent games, a long journey to get there and bad weather forecast. Anyone who remembers the FA Cup trips to Taunton and Paulton Rovers will know how important it will be not to underestimate the opposition whose tails will be up. I am sure Gary will have had them watched so hopefully he will have us switched on. These West Country sides can be a real handful.
Lord Elpus

Oh dear...Taunton and Paulton away. Both of them were games where all we thought we had to do was turn up. I can't go to Plymouth on Saturday but here's hoping we get this one right. The Trophy really is one competition we ought to have done better in over the years.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Lord Elpus wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:48 am Oh dear...Taunton and Paulton away.
Seem to recall the coach broke down en route to Paulton, a sign of the frustrating afternoon ahead!