Chippenham - Home

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW3 Beaver

Not a good start.

Fisher booked early on, and now Dean Inman has gone off injured.

Just over 15 minutes gone.

0-0.
Shepperton Supporter

I missed the game, any reports from anyone?
Thanks in advance.
GRTourist

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:25 am I missed the game, any reports from anyone?
Thanks in advance.
https://www.hamptonfc.net/news/hampton- ... 57637.html

That's the official report, but it would be fair to say that Chippenham 'earned' their point. They had a very clear game plan - to waste time, disrupt tempo and frustrate the Hampton players/crowd. And it worked. The diving started early, the time wasting started round 50 minutes (at one point I timed their 'keeper take 2.5 minutes to take a goal kick) and the referee allowed it.

We hit the crossbar and (I think) post, had the better chances, but not that many of them.
HamptonMad

Very good report James. Thank you.
Jamie

GRTourist wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:41 am
Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:25 am I missed the game, any reports from anyone?
Thanks in advance.
https://www.hamptonfc.net/news/hampton- ... 57637.html

That's the official report, but it would be fair to say that Chippenham 'earned' their point. They had a very clear game plan - to waste time, disrupt tempo and frustrate the Hampton players/crowd. And it worked. The diving started early, the time wasting started round 50 minutes (at one point I timed their 'keeper take 2.5 minutes to take a goal kick) and the referee allowed it.

We hit the crossbar and (I think) post, had the better chances, but not that many of them.

come on! There is no way a goalkeeper has taken 2.5 minutes to take a goalkick!!