Middlesex Senior Cup 2021/22

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Lord Elpus

Decent display against an obviously full time and very skilful Brentford side. We went close a few times but lacked real cutting edge. Churlish to complain though. Roberts was particularly impressive for us I thought.
HamptonMad

Goal looked a miss hit cross to me.
Lord Elpus

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:06 pm Goal looked a miss hit cross to me.
Yeah definitely had something of that about it although admittedly we were up the other end.
Bit of an odd game by the way...definitely had the air of a pre-season friendly at times.
TW10

Hampton worked incredible hard against a very good team. That said Brentford created next to nothing and our two centre backs looked dominant. Shame to lose to a bit of a fluke. The new striker looks like he might be a handful. Wonder if the manager can accommodate Robinson playing off him.
Jamie

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:45 am Report from Brentford.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2022/m ... 08-mar-22/
Hampton didn't make any subs according to this?

How come Brentford were in their away kit when they were the home side? Bit weird.
Les1949

Our subs. Oladipo for Robinson, 72min; Barzey for Dronfield, 82; Allen for Deadfield, 89.
Les1949

Weird? The whole thing was weird, thanks to Brentford B not having a home venue.
Dick Parsons sorted out Bedfont Sports as a ground (having already sorted out Hanworth Villa on a previous date, but Brentford B had a 'friendly'!). They paid for the hire of the ground, the floodlights and a pair of Paramedics with Ambulance. We took the gate and paid the officials. Bedfont got the bar and food takings. Oh, and the Brentford 'Chef' arranged hot food for the players. Our players got the use of the home dressing room (thanks Bedfont!), much better than the away. The attendance was 277.
The Middx Cup Final will now be Barnet versus Brentford B and will no longer be at Beveree, but instead at Barnet!
Shepperton Supporter

Reading on the Brentford forum, the one player they picked out for mention was Destiny Oladipo. What did we think?
shaunden

Thought Gary set up the team really well, knew Brentford would have a lot of the ball so played a patient game.2 centre half's had great games, Shane Dunne good 1st half ,Sam and Jamie Roberts both really good.Robinson a lot of running but Destiny caused them a lot more problems. I hope Imran learnt a lot from Brentford, needs to be a bit more professional, calmer ,sneaky and put smile on his face.
Lord Elpus

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:50 pm Reading on the Brentford forum, the one player they picked out for mention was Destiny Oladipo. What did we think?
Certainly made an impression when he came on. Suddenly we looked a bit more threatening and unpredictable. I'd like to see him given a start.