FA Cup Walton Casuals

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Lord Elpus

Anyone really know anything about why we had to use seperate entrances (with bag searches thrown in) and why there was segregation? I've been there as a neutral before and there were no restrictions at all. It just all seemed really over the top and unnecessary. Is this a new FA competition directive or something?
Les1949

From what I could ascertain it was a council decision. The stadium is owned by Elmbridge and on Friday they apprently contacted the club and insisted on segregation as they were predicting a 1,000 crowd! Not sure where this info came from. Total waste of resources. Crowd was 658.
Compliments to the ladies of the Outside Bar though. We asked for a glass of wine but they had none, so they got someone to bring some bottles down from the Main Bar for us (quite a pleasant Chardonnay).
Lord Elpus

Les1949 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:11 am From what I could ascertain it was a council decision. The stadium is owned by Elmbridge and on Friday they apprently contacted the club and insisted on segregation as they were predicting a 1,000 crowd! Not sure where this info came from. Total waste of resources. Crowd was 658.
Compliments to the ladies of the Outside Bar though. We asked for a glass of wine but they had none, so they got someone to bring some bottles down from the Main Bar for us (quite a pleasant Chardonnay).
Ah right, very interesting. Someone at Elmbridge clearly knows nothing about local clubs then! Thanks Les.
GRTourist

Les1949 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:11 am From what I could ascertain it was a council decision. The stadium is owned by Elmbridge and on Friday they apprently contacted the club and insisted on segregation as they were predicting a 1,000 crowd! Not sure where this info came from. Total waste of resources. Crowd was 658.
Yeah I thought they did try hard to make it work, especially when it was a decision which was foisted on them very late. I know the guy running the burger bar was ferrying chips in from the other side when people ordered them as well!
Jamie

GRTourist wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:07 pm A match album from the game today:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWLQpyg
Brilliant photos!!!