Crowds at friendlies

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
GRTourist

Just in case anyone hasn't seen this elsewhere:

https://twitter.com/HRBFC/status/141357 ... 47393?s=20

The match is sold out so no on the day tickets, but season ticket holders will still get free admission.
TW3 Beaver

Will the top pitch be available for parking this afternoon?
Shepperton Supporter

I saw that Dartford had in excess of 1000 for their game against Ipswich. Didn’t think their capacity is that much different to us. Wonder if their council is more accommodating than ours as regards to attendance numbers?
TangerineBeaver

Possibly . Although I think Dartford has iro 25% greater capacity than us
TangerineBeaver

TangerineBeaver wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:39 am Possibly , although I think Dartford has iro 33% greater capacity than us
Shepperton Supporter

From the internet, we have 3500 capacity and Dartford 4100.
Jamie

Adam wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:28 pm
Jamie wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:49 am What is the set capacity for Saturdays game at Beveree?

Also, is there an actual reason why cannot pay on the day and just turn up? As all the other clubs I'm seeing seem able to allow it.

Could have a very negative effect on the crowd number, and lots of missed income.

Is is to do with being step 2 ground and still being classed as "elite"?
One would assume it is set at 25% of capacity. So I'd guess around 750 mark?

Club tweeted this morning that they were now going to accept walkups however they then had a rush of sales so this might no longer be possible.

Don't think QPR have any other game this weekend so even if it's the U23's might interest a few.

"one would assume"
Why the secrecy?
Why can't the club let people know what the restrictions are, and why it is limited. Other clubs aren't be restricted from getting income after being closed for a year.
HamptonMad

Jamie wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:24 pm
Adam wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:28 pm
Jamie wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:49 am What is the set capacity for Saturdays game at Beveree?

Also, is there an actual reason why cannot pay on the day and just turn up? As all the other clubs I'm seeing seem able to allow it.

Could have a very negative effect on the crowd number, and lots of missed income.

Is is to do with being step 2 ground and still being classed as "elite"?
One would assume it is set at 25% of capacity. So I'd guess around 750 mark?

Club tweeted this morning that they were now going to accept walkups however they then had a rush of sales so this might no longer be possible.

Don't think QPR have any other game this weekend so even if it's the U23's might interest a few.

"one would assume"
Why the secrecy?
Why can't the club let people know what the restrictions are, and why it is limited. Other clubs aren't be restricted from getting income after being closed for a year.
Last edited by HamptonMad on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Les1949

At the risk of being shouted at and bearing in mind that I am not a Club Official.

The club's capacity is controlled by the Local Authority and for the QPR game it was 500, the attendance was 495. The capacity for Brentford B/Carshalton was set for the same level. I have no idea if or when it is likely to be increased, despite the government's 'relaxation' of Covid regulations.
I have no doubt that the club are in regular discussions with our Local Authority, but HRBFC is currently are having to deal with a Covid outbreak (as are other clubs). News is promosed on Wednesday as to whether the game will go ahead.
HamptonMad

Will the Club make a statement about Wimbledon game. Or are they going to keep us guessing again.
GRTourist

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:08 pm Will the Club make a statement about Wimbledon game. Or are they going to keep us guessing again.
As Les said, the club would be making a statement on Wednesday. Which they have.

https://www.hamptonfc.net/news/afc-wimb ... 32746.html

Again, like Les, speaking as a volunteer, not a club official in any way, please do remember that the people who give their time have jobs as well, so if this media article doesn't get posted until the evening, it's probably because the person who has to write, check and publish it (as well as getting the information from the relevant people) has been doing their actual job during the day.