Also at Hartlepool..

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

Brian Bere was there with the travelling supporters but also Perry Tunesi (and the Mrs!), great to meet a Hampton FC legend (and Brian, again!), they left Hong Kong in 2019 and have settled in the Noth-East.
Mucky knees

BB played in the post 22/23 season friendly (staff versus supporters) last May which was presumably our last match on grass at Beveree. In the end we all know what happened!

MK
Lord Elpus

I think we can count Brian as a Hampton legend can't we? A very decent player, and didn't he indirectly help us with going up from the Isthmian div 2 by scoring a goal for Egham in their home game against Banstead (our promotion rivals that season) which meant Egham won, allowing us to sneak a promotion place? Loads of Hampton fans were there cheering Egham on, myself included!
TW3 Beaver

Mucky knees wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:49 am BB played in the post 22/23 season friendly (staff versus supporters) last May which was presumably our last match on grass at Beveree. In the end we all know what happened!

MK
And you know the reason why what happened, happened.
Mucky knees

TW3 Beaver wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:54 am
Mucky knees wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:49 am BB played in the post 22/23 season friendly (staff versus supporters) last May which was presumably our last match on grass at Beveree. In the end we all know what happened!

MK
And you know the reason why what happened, happened.
TW3. I was only pointing out a fact that's all!

MK
Les1949

Lord Elpus wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:53 am I think we can count Brian as a Hampton legend can't we? A very decent player, and didn't he indirectly help us with going up from the Isthmian div 2 by scoring a goal for Egham in their home game against Banstead (our promotion rivals that season) which meant Egham won, allowing us to sneak a promotion place? Loads of Hampton fans were there cheering Egham on, myself included!
Absolutely....Brian will always be in my favourite Hampton XI
Lord Elpus

Les1949 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:48 pm
Lord Elpus wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:53 am I think we can count Brian as a Hampton legend can't we? A very decent player, and didn't he indirectly help us with going up from the Isthmian div 2 by scoring a goal for Egham in their home game against Banstead (our promotion rivals that season) which meant Egham won, allowing us to sneak a promotion place? Loads of Hampton fans were there cheering Egham on, myself included!
Absolutely....Brian will always be in my favourite Hampton XI
That's a great idea for a thread of its own Les...a "fav Hampton XI," not necessarily a BEST Hanpton XI but your favourite players...