Some key stats

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
KewBeaver

Interesting details which were posted lunchtime. Lets hope the gates continue to grow as the team pushes for promotion.

So here are some key stats:

- Avg attendance up by 513 vs last season, now at 1,139 (and growing!)
- Soft drinks sales up by 55%
- Beer sales up by 29%
- 8% social media engagement rate

Over the rest of the season different team members from across all areas of the Club will be sharing more content on why we even measure these kinds of stats and more broadly,on what it takes to continuously improve performance on and off the pitch.

We hope this will provide unique insight to Beaver supporters, observers, and football aficionados with an interest for the behind the scenes of a football club’s journey of growth and professionalisation.

In the meantime, here’s my take on what it takes to be at the top of your game in the fast-paced, competitive world of professional football. You’ll see that from my perspective it’s more about the human factor and attitude than it is about anything else.

- Culture: have a clear identity around which to build and rally the entire community

- Mission: be in it for more than selfish interest – what will get you through the dark times?

- People: hire for attitude, personal values and personality as much as for skill

- Develop: never rest on your laurels – if you don’t move forward you’ll be moving backwards

- Share: break down barriers across teams and communities– everybody is in it together

- Hope: focus on the next step while walking towards the long-term big picture – that’s what gives us hope and pushes us to achieve glory

Please look out for the next instalment and do come say hello at a match.
EastTerracer

Seems drinks sales are not keeping up with increased attendances.
Les1949

EastTerracer wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:35 pm Seems drinks sales are not keeping up with increased attendances.
Might be something to do with the pricing, as in £6 for a CAN of wine, and not very good wine at that. Now we go to 'the Dip' for a post match glass of red.
Mucky knees

Not forgetting £10 or £11 for pizzas

MK
GRTourist

EastTerracer wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:35 pm Seems drinks sales are not keeping up with increased attendances.
Soft drink sales are massively up though. Maybe there's also an element that U18 support has massively increased?
EastTerracer

GRTourist wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:04 pm Soft drink sales are massively up though. Maybe there's also an element that U18 support has massively increased?
I suspect increased attendance by U18 and kids is the biggest difference this season.
KewBeaver

Yes that is how I read the stats. A huge spike in soft drink sales due to more families / kids attending at weekends - that was always the aim so credit where it is due.
geedub

By my calculations, according to those numbers, attendances are up 82% this year so soft drinks sales have not kept pace either, although I suspect total margin on the drinks has probably outpaced the attendance increases.

It used to annoy me a little how cheaply the Junior Beavers Tuck Shop used to sell tea/coffee and soft drinks. I used to think it was a bit of a missed opportunity - but now probably a case of being careful what you wish for...
EastTerracer

Overall, I thought it was an odd newsletter. Did I miss the HRBFC connection to Notts County's plight or does someone at the club just not like them ? I wonder which of the owners is sharing their wisdom ? In my experience, if you are going to have such mantras as those listed they need to be things that are clear, concise and directly useful in guiding decisions.
Lord Elpus

Re drinks, no more draft cider in the bar! This is the end of civilisation as we know it! Bottles of Magners at 6.50 a throw...no thanks.
BeaverWatcher

£4.75 for a bottle of Peroni Zero (the non-alcoholic beer) is not just steep, it's vertical!
EastTerracer

KewBeaver wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:59 pm Yes that is how I read the stats. A huge spike in soft drink sales due to more families / kids attending at weekends - that was always the aim so credit where it is due.
Is the spike that huge if crowds have increased and drinks prices have gone up ?