St Albans here on Tuesday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
SteveTheBeave

Not sure the club should have been posting tweets making light of the rain when this was always a possibility. Feel sorry for the away (and home) fans who were already on the road when the decision was made.
Tony

There was no suggestion of a pitch inspection so quite a few fans may still turn up unaware of the postponement.
Mucky knees

Thats the way it works these days. It wouldn't be like that before the brothers arrived. I am not happy about this especially that comment on the X (formerly known as Twitter) feed "let's make some noise". Also false moustaches being handed out at the gate... what's the world 🌎 coming to???

MK

MK
HamptonMad

Club car locked up in the dry.
BeaverWatcher

I think that most people would have expected some sort of communication had the game been in doubt or even a 'we are confident but the match referee will arrive at 5.30 and make a brief inspection' just so supporters would have been aware.

Most home fans would be aware of the historic pitch issues and, with the rain that fell today and recently, would have made the assumption that the game would have been in some doubt (As many of the posts on this thread show!).
Mucky knees

Tanners versus Badshot Lea was called off but well before the kickoff this evening...!

MK
EastTerracer

I wonder if fans will be left in the dark again (following the floodlight failure in the first home game) as to why the supposed huge infrastructure and pitch investment are not preventing such issues.
KewBeaver

EastTerracer wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:56 pm I wonder if fans will be left in the dark again (following the floodlight failure in the first home game) as to why the supposed huge infrastructure and pitch investment are not preventing such issues.
hopefully the Trust can provide an update on those issues at the AGM this Monday.
RogerSW

Was there a posse of volunteers forking the pitch?
I didn't hear a call out for help like normal.
Tony

From what I can tell, it seemed to be one small strip of pitch by the dugouts which has been a problem previously. Maybe the club thought it didn't warrant a prior inspection? Maybe the ref was being over zealous? But calling of at 5.30pm is not a good look.
HamptonMad

Its the drains under the pitch smashed. Caused by spiking to deep in the past.