Dartford Home Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

One further reflection on yesterday, thought Bloomfield had a better game and won some headers, also showed some link up play with Seymour. Mel did allude to this in his comments. My concern is if one of them gets injured we don’t have an obvious replacement. In contrast to Dowse who has, when fit, four proven and tall strikers to choose from.
Tony

Yes better from Bloomfield yesterday but only two goals from open play all season from our front two.That needs to improve.
HamptonMad

Big Rich wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:36 am
HamptonMad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:59 pm Just watched Dowson crying on You tube. He blames the Referee for there defeat.
😭

Didn’t take his floodlight bulbs with him either.
The only thing Dowson went home with, was his tail between his legs.
EastTerracer

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:55 am One further reflection on yesterday, thought Bloomfield had a better game and won some headers, also showed some link up play with Seymour. Mel did allude to this in his comments. My concern is if one of them gets injured we don’t have an obvious replacement. In contrast to Dowse who has, when fit, four proven and tall strikers to choose from.
Mel still seems rather deluded to me in his post match comments. It's certainly good to win and it was an entertaining game but I didn't see that as an excellent performance. Debois man of the match having conceded 3 goals says a lot. The team work hard but are not retaining much possession. He says the team are taking a while to figure out how to play with Seymour and Bloomfield but clearly neither of them thrive on hoofing it towards them as we have been doing too far often. Seymour would probably be better served by balls into spaces that would allow him to exploit his pace. I'm not sure how Bloomfield could make more of an impression. He's certainly not looking able to hold the ball up. Anyone know how he got his goals at Farnborough ?
geedub

EastTerracer wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:52 pm Anyone know how he got his goals at Farnborough ?
Here's one from February:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1237231906927503
(not going to help us)

and two from April:
https://twitter.com/FarnboroughFC/statu ... 9634407427
(I guess punishing chaotic opposition defensive messes could be useful to us but we don't seem to see him popping up in those positions)
Tony

Apart from last season (11 in 22) the most goals Bloomfield has managed has been 4 in 19/20 season.
TW3 Beaver

Tony wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:35 am Dowse’ view that both sides would be in the bottom half come the end on the season on the evidence of yesterday’s game.
That will go down well with the Dartford fans.
Shepperton Supporter

This may raise a smile in some quarters!

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... at-295388/