Club Colours

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
GRTourist

Les1949 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:40 pm
RogerB wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:04 pm Not sure how easy it would be to change the home kit that we’ve already registered with the league.
As for the lack of adverts around the ground, that is a strange one as they would have brought in more money for the club and supported local businesses, both of which I would have thought the new owners wanted.
I am reliably informed (via a previous club official, no names, no pack drill) that our owners are only interested in 'big' companies not local companies! The sort that invest in Premier League clubs.
Yeah I'm really not sure this is true. As someone else has said, local companies have been brought into the fold to provide hospitality at the ground, and the club are clearly making really big efforts to increase their attendance (which obviously requires local output).

It's really easy to just float nameless sources and cast aspersions on the owners without ever having to demonstrate credibility or accountability for those statements.

In that vein, I was told by a former league media officer's brother's dolphin shaver that the reason we play in blue so often is because that was Dean Inman's favourite Power Ranger and he insisted on it as part of his contract negotiations.
TW10

GR tourist i know you are part of the fabric of the club but it is odd that there is no sponsorship round the ground and most say the blue strip is difficult to watch…
RogerSW

Would be great to have an advert on a sign around the ground for organisations that do good for our local communities, like a foodbank charity, rather than corporates with no links with local communities. On kit, I think shame that there is hardly any red on the home kit, changing the club identity unnecessarily, and that the club didn't realise it would clash with refs and assistant refs who only wear black in the NL (this happened before some years ago when we had dark blue shirts with red shorts, shame that we appear to have unnecessarily lost the learnings of many who ran and helped the club before). Hope the kit changes to red shirts, blue shorts (not white to help the kit managers), and red or white socks. Some clubs ask fans and supporter trusts for feedback before choosing kits, current problems could have been avoided with a helpful change of attitude and process by the club. Thoughts?
GRTourist

TW10 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:54 pm GR tourist i know you are part of the fabric of the club but it is odd that there is no sponsorship round the ground and most say the blue strip is difficult to watch…
I'm not arguing that at all. I'm not saying I agree or disagree - I've got absolutely no argument at all with people having and sharing those opinions.

My comment was more a response to the posting of unattributable 'inside information' to portray the owners in a negative light. I don't believe half of it, and in the particular case of what was posted above, I don't think the evidence of the community engagement which has been done reflects what was suggested.
EastTerracer

RogerSW wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:32 am Hope the kit changes to red shirts, blue shorts (not white to help the kit managers), and red or white socks. Some clubs ask fans and supporter trusts for feedback before choosing kits, current problems could have been avoided with a helpful change of attitude and process by the club. Thoughts?
The owners are clearly trying to change the identity without consulting fans. Perhaps one of them is a Chelsea fan and one has certainly been involved at Liverpool. There is also the elimination of 'Borough' from the name and badge. Perhaps fans will agree with such changes but they should be asked.
KewBeaver

Isn't this the role of the Trust ? to discuss some of the issues which have been raised by the fans with the club?
RogerB

KewBeaver wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:05 am Isn't this the role of the Trust ? to discuss some of the issues which have been raised by the fans with the club?
Do we still have a Trust? If we do, which supporters are on its committee?
KewBeaver

It would be extremely pleasing if the Trust could provide an update/hold a fans forum.

In January and February 2024 - there are 8 homes in 8 weeks. For non-season ticket holders (lets assume adult and child) - it will cost c£160 - a lot of money at a time when bills drop post Christmas/cost of living crisis etc.
I would expect the owners and the trust to have a plan in place to help supporters due to the high volume of home games in such a short period of time.
Hopefully someone from the Trust can review and then reply.
tones

That's if the Trust can find a way to climb out of the pocket they are in at the moment!
Jamie

GRTourist wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:16 pm
Les1949 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:40 pm
RogerB wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:04 pm Not sure how easy it would be to change the home kit that we’ve already registered with the league.
As for the lack of adverts around the ground, that is a strange one as they would have brought in more money for the club and supported local businesses, both of which I would have thought the new owners wanted.
I am reliably informed (via a previous club official, no names, no pack drill) that our owners are only interested in 'big' companies not local companies! The sort that invest in Premier League clubs.
Yeah I'm really not sure this is true. As someone else has said, local companies have been brought into the fold to provide hospitality at the ground, and the club are clearly making really big efforts to increase their attendance (which obviously requires local output).

It's really easy to just float nameless sources and cast aspersions on the owners without ever having to demonstrate credibility or accountability for those statements.

In that vein, I was told by a former league media officer's brother's dolphin shaver that the reason we play in blue so often is because that was Dean Inman's favourite Power Ranger and he insisted on it as part of his contract negotiations.

There was no navy/dark blue Power Ranger!
Jamie

At the takeover proposal at the Supporters Trust meeting, the brothers promised

1) No change to club name
2) No change to club colours
3) No change to club badge

They have broken all 3 of those promises.

The no sponsorship boards is bizarre, I know at a lot of clubs local companies who have started off of just having a programme advert or pitch side board, and over the years through finding a love for the club slowly upgrading and being much larger sponsors, ones who will put 10's of 1000's into their clubs.

40 boards around the ground and a conservation £500 each, is still £20k of income.

Even if not having those smaller business, why not do the pro model and have a whole section around the pitch of multiple boards for the main club sponsors.
Also no naming rights for the ground this year, surely a £10k sponsor for that with the links the owners have, when the club previously struggled to find the lump sum, Seb White ran the very successful draw to have the ground named after you.

The no league sponsors around the pitch too, which is a league requirement, will surely eventually lead to sanctions or fines for the club from the league?

On the note of the Trust seemingly disappeared, it makes it even stranger that at the least annual turnaround whereby board members have to "retire" and then stand for re-election, they broke their own rules and didn't let any new people stand for election, with the distinct lack of interest from the Trust board, no communication to members for months and months, why are they so eager to keep their places on the trust board, when they clearly have no passion or interest left in their roles.
Oh, but the Chairman did they get appointed later onto the main club board of Directors...... Trust AGM should be scheduled soon, hopefully this time around the rules will be stuck to, and some new blood can stand to be elected and give them members and supporters a voice again.
tones

I'm sure Stalin would be very proud of the way the Supporters Trust is behaving. No election, no change and no one to upset the apple cart.