Farnborough away.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Lord Elpus

TW10 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:14 pm badly need to win midweek..wouldn’t how the brothers are taking this poor start
Well they won't want to be proved wrong over their appointment, so I would think it'll be a long while yet before any decisions about changes are made. Not playing any home games yet can't be helping but it's not the only reason we look so easy to beat at the moment.
Shepperton Supporter

When we had to play the first seven games away, it was thought by many on here that the start could be like it has turned out. Think some of us were concerned with the squad make up with so many players retained from what was a poor team flirting with relegation until Mel managed to get the points for survival.
Where do we go from here? The owners and backers will not want relegation, Mel was their pick so the only solution might be to change the squad, not easy at this juncture, but to leave it too long and the downward spiral might be too great.
On Tuesday a win is vital to get confidence both on and off the pitch, let’s hope this happens!
Tony

In the end very similar to the Aveley game, started ok without much threat, gave away a poor goal then conceded early in the second half. Heads went down, we fell to pieces and but for Debois could have conceded a few more. The third ended the game as a meaningful contest. The new recruits unfortunately do not look as if they have improved the side. We lack pace and are too easily dispossessed. Very few chances created and too many individual errors that get punished at this level. The players are better than this but need to show a bit more fight when things don’t go right. I hope Mel can bring in some fresh faces to address the shortcomings because I think we are going to need them.
Shepperton Supporter

Needless to say the Farnborough forum praises a great team effort against poor opposition. One remark was that Bloomfield went to us for ‘big wages’ and looked disinterested whilst his replacement Pavey scored twice and has six goals in seven appearances. Time will tell who did the better business!
Big Rich

Is there a panic button to hit if we need to? Perhaps an increase in budget?
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:20 pm One remark was that Bloomfield went to us for ‘big wages’ and looked disinterested whilst his replacement Pavey scored twice and has six goals in seven appearances. Time will tell who did the better business!
I think the "big wages" rumour originates from one comment that Spencer Day made during a pre-season interview when asked about Bloomfield leaving. I wouldn't read too much into it.