HVFC/HRBFC Memorial game tonight...

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Another rather underwhelming performance. Not much between the two sides and whilst not our likely starting XI got to say we looked pretty pedestrian. At least Gray got on for a few minutes. Cox said he was only guesting tonight to make up numbers but wonder if there is more to the player/coach role idea, although Comley seems to have got that gig. Lovely freekick by Hall for 1-1 yet he missed a pen as did Seymour. Hanworth should do well again this season.
HamptonLifer5

Both the new boys must have been very confused when they saw last seasons squad all score their penalties, after botching them last season! Hall and Seymour both hit them hard, none of this rolling the ball to the keeper nonsense of last season, but Hall hit the bar and Seymour the post.
Lord Elpus

Lacklustre about sums that game up. Our only moment of real class came from Hall's equalising free kick. Only one friendly left, I sincerely hope we'll be ready for the start of the season proper.
Josh2002

Can never read too much into pre-season games i feel.
HamptonMad

Very poor. After 7 games we could be in the bottom 3. And heading for relegation.
Josh2002

Poor attempt at fishing HM.
Lord Elpus

Josh has a definite point, and the mantra of all managers and coaches that's wheeled out at this time of year is that it's not about results, it's about getting minutes. Yeah alright but although we've signed what are clearly some very good players on paper we still look like an underperforming and uncommitted bunch of individuals.
No post-match interviews with the Manager this summer either, or have I missed those somewhere?
BeaverWatcher

It wasn't the most inspiring of performances but did think we looked better when had Hall, Seymour, Gray, Thomas and Donaldson on. Certainly had a bit more fluidity.

However after so few games ahead of the start on the 5th I think it is a legitimate concern that we might be going in a bit under-cooked.
Shepperton Supporter

Lord E
I don’t think you have missed any.
There is no obligation to have one, but like all supporters the more information we get the better. Other clubs (Slough for example) have given several manager interviews during the break and he has given some lengthy comments after the friendlies.
Mel seems a good communicator, perhaps a summary of the preseason after Saturday? If we are going into a more professional era then publicly and communication is a means of raising the club profile and attendances.
Of course winning teams does help!,
Jamie

Let's not pretend why Sam Cox has been approached, as he was months ago.
He is was a new big character in the latest series of Ted Lasso.
If he signs, just wait for the "Armando signs" crap on social media.
Lord Elpus

Jamie wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:31 am Let's not pretend why Sam Cox has been approached, as he was months ago.
He is was a new big character in the latest series of Ted Lasso.
If he signs, just wait for the "Armando signs" crap on social media.
Jamie
I haven't seen any of the Ted Lasso series and have no interest in doing so. Could you explain a bit more? Does Sam Cox share a name with a character in it or something?
geedub

Jamie
I haven't seen any of the Ted Lasso series and have no interest in doing so. Could you explain a bit more? Does Sam Cox share a name with a character in it or something?
[/quote]

Sam Cox appeared in the last series I believe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APIR9lnpoqg