Met Police friendly tonight.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Lord Elpus

1-1. Usual pre season fare...Met Police won't pull up many trees this season but didn't look as bad as might have been expected given their financial situation. We looked a bit more purposeful in the second half, Seymour and Bloomfield look like proper forwards but let's gloss over the untortunate Police equaliser.
BevereeMaster

Number 5 is some player by the way! Hope him and the ex Cheshunt full back get signed up. Also the academy right back was brilliant in the 30 min he played.
TW10

Hall, Bloomfield and Seymour will be in the team, the rest will be last seasons players. The new keeper dropped a changer but will put a lot of pressure on Julian. His distribution is excellent and he is a great keeper remembering his performance against us last season.
Tony

BevereeMaster wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:34 pm Number 5 is some player by the way! Hope him and the ex Cheshunt full back get signed up. Also the academy right back was brilliant in the 30 min he played.
Was that Ewan Sanchez?
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Tony wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:04 am Was that Ewan Sanchez?
That is puzzling me too... we had two number 5s on the pitch in the second half! One of them was Luis Fernandez. Mason Bloomfield (I think!) wore a blood shirt (numberless) but #20 on the shorts. Just for any other stattos/geeks.
BevereeMaster

Tony wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:04 am
BevereeMaster wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:34 pm Number 5 is some player by the way! Hope him and the ex Cheshunt full back get signed up. Also the academy right back was brilliant in the 30 min he played.
Was that Ewan Sanchez?
Yes, thought he was really really good, comfortable in possession, sits at the base and cleaned up well whilst also dictating the play from deep. Very impressive cameo.
Tony

Just a personal view but I would like to see something closer to the starting XI in the next game. Only three PSFs left and not much time to get the key players used to each other before the season starts in earnest. As much as we want to encourage the Academy lads I doubt they will feature in the first squad at Eastbourne. Beaconsfield will be a decent test for us and perhaps give an indication of prospects.
Lord Elpus

Tony wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:40 pm Just a personal view but I would like to see something closer to the starting XI in the next game. Only three PSFs left and not much time to get the key players used to each other before the season starts in earnest. As much as we want to encourage the Academy lads I doubt they will feature in the first squad at Eastbourne. Beaconsfield will be a decent test for us and perhaps give an indication of prospects.
Completely agree with this. Managers always go on about pre-season being about players getting game time...why, especially if they are highly unlikely to be figuring?
BevereeMaster

Tony wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:40 pm Just a personal view but I would like to see something closer to the starting XI in the next game. Only three PSFs left and not much time to get the key players used to each other before the season starts in earnest. As much as we want to encourage the Academy lads I doubt they will feature in the first squad at Eastbourne. Beaconsfield will be a decent test for us and perhaps give an indication of prospects.
From talking to Mel it seems like there won’t be a set 11, he will change shape and personnel based on the opponent hence most players in the squad are of starting quality.
Tony

Of course you need a squad of capable players but I very much suspect there will be a core of maybe eight players who will always be first choice when fit and in form.