Fixtures out tomorrow.....

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Bath City August bank holiday weekend... thank you very much.

Eastbourne 1st day and Maidstone last day... both copies of recent seasons... I think they just copy/paste and change a few fixtures here and there! I have noticed quite a few examples where teams will have the same fixtures at an almost identical time of year for a few seasons running.
GRTourist

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:14 pm Truro away Sat 19th Aug in the Holiday traffic. Lovely.
Only got to get to Plymouth this season, which will cut out about three hours of driving at that point of the summer.
BeaverWatcher

Much, much more agreeable than last years punishment fixture list.

Decent away trips on a Saturday and, Dover away aside, no likely moves for FA Cup / Trophy rounds.

Appears Farnborough have drawn this year's short straw with midweek trips to Yeovil, Torquay, Chippenham and Worthing. They, much like us last year, ain't happy. Maybe in 2024/25 it will be Slough's turn!
Josh2002

If Beveree is not available, we would be unable to play the Chelmsford or Dartford 'home' games at Slough or Farnborough (the two closest NLS grounds) as they are also at home. The only other possibility is if the games are switched to a different day. The Aveley game has the possibility of being played at either of those grounds, however, I believe Langley FC currently share at Arbour Park.
Lord Elpus

Josh2002 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:59 pm If Beveree is not available, we would be unable to play the Chelmsford or Dartford 'home' games at Slough or Farnborough (the two closest NLS grounds) as they are also at home. The only other possibility is if the games are switched to a different day. The Aveley game has the possibility of being played at either of those grounds, however, I believe Langley FC currently share at Arbour Park.
Presumably this "venue to be decided" thing is us just waiting a bit longer to see if the grass has grown? Or is there any building work that needs to be completed?
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Lord Elpus wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:24 pm Presumably this "venue to be decided" thing is us just waiting a bit longer to see if the grass has grown? Or is there any building work that needs to be completed?
The other club would have to agree to the switch so I imagine we'll be contacting them and saying pretty please can we change around. I can't see the pitch being ready.
Tony

I think it is just a matter of the grass being ready and that we have asked the home opponents to reverse the fixtures if we can’t host. Not sure why they wouldn’t as the alternative would be to postpone to another time which might just cause fixture backlogs for both teams.
TW3 Beaver

Tony wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:32 pm I think it is just a matter of the grass being ready and that we have asked the home opponents to reverse the fixtures if we can’t host. Not sure why they wouldn’t as the alternative would be to postpone to another time which might just cause fixture backlogs for both teams.
Not sure the League would agree to a postponement this early in the season.
Don't think there will be a problem to switch to the opponents ground.
Josh2002

Josh2002 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:59 pm If Beveree is not available, we would be unable to play the Chelmsford or Dartford 'home' games at Slough or Farnborough (the two closest NLS grounds) as they are also at home. The only other possibility is if the games are switched to a different day. The Aveley game has the possibility of being played at either of those grounds, however, I believe Langley FC currently share at Arbour Park.
Update: Windsor FC are now confirmed to be sharing at Arbour Park, with Langley sharing at Uxbridge.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Josh2002 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:03 pm Update: Windsor FC are now confirmed to be sharing at Arbour Park, with Langley sharing at Uxbridge.
How times have changed. For some years it was Slough sharing at Stag Meadow. What happened to that ground anyway?
Josh2002

A breakaway club called ‘Windsor and Eton FC’ have taken over the lease there. The majority of fans from Windsor FC have moved over to the breakaway club, making their debut in the Thames Valley Premier League this season.
Jamie

You cannot "postpone" a match because the ground is not ready. That would be deemed "failing to fulfil a fixture", which can include a points deduction and fine.