News of former players

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Jefferson Louis has joined Slough as performance coach.
Jamie

Lord Elpus wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:20 am
Jamie wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:51 am
Lord Elpus wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:27 pm I was always slightly surprised he'd gone to Eastleigh. Thought he could have gone to a bigger club at the time. Dagenham isn't a massive step up but it's probably progress.
Eastleigh offer big money.
When Jamal Lowe went to Portsmouth, Eastleigh actually offered a lot more in weekly wages.
Also more to this story as to why it ended up with the Portsmouth move, but can't say on here.
Yes I vaguely remember that being put around. But Hill can't have been on that much money with us, he was still fairly young, and you would have thought going to a league side on less money might have put him in the shop window even more. Shame really, he was definitely good enough for at least League 2.
But a lot of players play for money, they aren't bothered about going as high as they can.
Or have different circumstances, may not have a good job or a job at all outside football. So many more factors to it then some people realise.
GRTourist

Jamie wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:53 am
Jamie wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:51 am

Eastleigh offer big money.
When Jamal Lowe went to Portsmouth, Eastleigh actually offered a lot more in weekly wages.
Also more to this story as to why it ended up with the Portsmouth move, but can't say on here.
Yes I vaguely remember that being put around. But Hill can't have been on that much money with us, he was still fairly young, and you would have thought going to a league side on less money might have put him in the shop window even more. Shame really, he was definitely good enough for at least League 2.
But a lot of players play for money, they aren't bothered about going as high as they can.
Or have different circumstances, may not have a good job or a job at all outside football. So many more factors to it then some people realise.
That's definitely not Ryan Hill though. Very, very focused on going as high back up the football pyramid as he can.

Plus, it's also down to which clubs actually pay the fee for certain players.
Jamie

GRTourist wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:06 am
Jamie wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:53 am

That's definitely not Ryan Hill though. Very, very focused on going as high back up the football pyramid as he can.

Plus, it's also down to which clubs actually pay the fee for certain players.
I wasn't suggesting that was the case with any particular player.
Josh2002

Max Kretzschmar signs a new one-year deal at Wealdstone.
Shepperton Supporter

Francis Amartey has been released by Aldershot. Contact cancelled by mutual agreement.
GRTourist

Louis Stead signed for Amersham Town in Combined Counties.
DistantBeaver

Tommy Davis Signs for Aveley
TW10

Tommy Davis is a very good player
Josh2002

Agreed, brilliant signing for Aveley.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Not related to an ex-Beaver, but I thought the comment about the money Eastbourne were offering compared to Tonbridge was interesting:

https://www.tonbridgeangels.co.uk/first ... inney/4501
Josh2002

Jack McKnight joins Hanwell.