New season

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
BevereeMaster

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:54 pm George Hunt and Teimouraz Vasagkasvili.
My view is these are two players that have shown Mel possible potential and will be given a chance especially in the pre season to justify their signing.
I like many supporters, are looking for the more established players who will be regulars next season. In the next few weeks the retained lists will be out and Mel’s contact might bring in what is required. Fingers crossed!!
Both on contract so I assume Mel has seen enough already.
Tony

The club announcement doesn’t mention contracts so I guess you know this direct from the club?
LouisFell

Tony wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:58 pm The club announcement doesn’t mention contracts so I guess you know this direct from the club?
The tagline says “THREE CONTRACTS” so safe to assume?
Tony

I see Eastbourne Borough have announced they are close to selling majority control to a new investor. Eastbourne are currently a Community Interest Company. No details of who the investor is but hope to conclude by end of May.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:58 pm The club announcement doesn’t mention contracts so I guess you know this direct from the club?
The announcement literally mentions contracts!!!!
Jamie

LouisFell wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:05 pm
The tagline says “THREE CONTRACTS” so safe to assume?

Louis, obviously your social media posts need to be clearer, next time can you get the players to hold large placards please, like Stop Oil protestors please. :lol:
BevereeMaster

David Fisher has left AFC Wimbledon, I hope Mel and co will try and get him signed up for next season, was very impressive in his most recent stint for us before being recalled on deadline day.
Shepperton Supporter

BevereeMaster wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:53 pm David Fisher has left AFC Wimbledon, I hope Mel and co will try and get him signed up for next season, was very impressive in his most recent stint for us before being recalled on deadline day.
You must be in the know!
Think it will depend on who Mel has in mind, we need someone who will score 15 goals at least, not sure if David is in that bracket.
BevereeMaster

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:33 pm
BevereeMaster wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:53 pm David Fisher has left AFC Wimbledon, I hope Mel and co will try and get him signed up for next season, was very impressive in his most recent stint for us before being recalled on deadline day.
You must be in the know!
Think it will depend on who Mel has in mind, we need someone who will score 15 goals at least, not sure if David is in that bracket.
He announced it on his Twitter a few hours ago…
BevereeMaster

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:33 pm
You must be in the know!
I also disagree that we need someone to score 15 goals, I do not want to be a team that is reliant on 1 goal scorer, we need our front 3 (assuming we play with a front 3) to all contribute equally, because once that 15 goal a season player gets injured we are back to square one
Tony

Would you take Jeffers from St Albans if he were available? Agree we need to share the goals around a lot more, we can’t rely on our defenders all the time.
BevereeMaster

100%, if we can sign a 15 goals a season striker like Jeffers I’m not going to say no, I just don’t personally think it’s the be-all and end-all especially if it means it takes up the majority of our budget, rather have 3-4 solid forwards than 1 amazing forward and 3 average ones.