I was thinking about......

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

....all those people who are no longer involved in a match day at Beveree.

Tracey (Generalissimo), David & Jason 1 (Safety & WiFi), Sarah, Sandra, Robin, Kim, Sally, Pete, Carly, Lauren (Bar & Kitchen), Jason 2 (anything Tracey asked him to do!), Melissa (Pass Gate), Nick T & his 2 lads (Club Shop), James G (Kit), James F, Rob & Seb (Media), Lesley & Stephen (Turnstiles), Me (Parking), Richard C (Groundsman), Chris (Programme?).

That's 25 names, and there are probably a few i've missed, or am not sure about!

A few are still coming along to watch but not all of them. Sad.
Big Rich

Very sad. 😞
Lord Elpus

First of all it is a massive shame that so many people are no longer involved. Beveree was known for it's friendliness and its nice people. The atmosphere is different at home games at the moment. Or is it? It is to me and I suspect other long term people, but newer fans probably won't even be aware. Seeing familiar faces has always been part of the HRBFC matchday appeal, especially for us long stagers. However, it does beg the question of why some of the people who have stood down immediately feel they won't even attend games anymore. We've all obviously read that some might have felt the owners (or whoever's) new approach might have been too brusque, too dismissive, or that the new working practices were not what each individual wanted to agree to, which seems a fair enough reason to not continue working at the club. But why throw away so many years of being a supporter? As far as I know, no-one, apart from a couple, has actually been banned, so why do they feel the need to depart and go and support another local club? Hanworth Villa are doing particularly well out of the fallout it seems, but to most long term Hampton fans Hanworth are a distraction at best, we like to see them doing well and might pop down to the Ranch once or twice a season if Hampton's game is off but to actually stop coming to the Bev at all in favour of becoming a regular visitor to Hanworth (for example) is surely a massive step isn't it? I know at least two people have been offered jobs there and that obviously commits them on matchdays, but others are attending as fans.
I'm really not trying to stir, or be pointlessly controversial, but I'd like to understand this, or to know if some people see themselves as a Volunteer first and a supporter second, if at all?
Tony

Have to say my thoughts entirely. I know some people were offered paid roles but chose to turn them down which is their privilege to do so. Clearly many felt they couldn’t work with the new owners which again is their personal decision and no criticism from me. I have been in that position myself in the past. I guess the exodus reflects the depths of feeling involved and the way things were managed. I don’t particularly like the way West Ham has been run over the years but I am not going to start supporting Arsenal. I hope people will return once the heat comes out of the situation.
NickT

……
Last edited by NickT on Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lord Elpus

That's really upsetting to read, from someone I know started going just a couple of years before I did.
On a slight side issue, does anyone think there are serious plans to change the name of the club?
Tony

Probably will drop “borough” fairly soon.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Lord Elpus wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:04 pm On a slight side issue, does anyone think there are serious plans to change the name of the club?
From what I can gather they are looking to brand the club as the real life "AFC Richmond" as seen in the Ted Lasso TV series (the fact that this fictional club is an obvious mickey take of Hampton, the show having being created by AFCW fans, has escaped them).

So the word "borough" is being dropped. I heard that they wanted to lose "Hampton" as well but the trust board at least stopped that change from happening.
Tracey

Les1949 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:35 pm ....all those people who are no longer involved in a match day at Beveree.

Tracey (Generalissimo), David & Jason 1 (Safety & WiFi), Sarah, Sandra, Robin, Kim, Sally, Pete, Carly, Lauren (Bar & Kitchen), Jason 2 (anything Tracey asked him to do!), Melissa (Pass Gate), Nick T & his 2 lads (Club Shop), James G (Kit), James F, Rob & Seb (Media), Lesley & Stephen (Turnstiles), Me (Parking), Richard C (Groundsman), Chris (Programme?).

That's 25 names, and there are probably a few i've missed, or am not sure about!

Lauren, Natalie, Luke, Karina, Elisa, James media……….the list goes on. Most of which were never thanked for their hard work whilst at the club, but
many still do go to games when they’re not working elsewhere, whether they be home or away games.
Last edited by Tracey on Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tracey

Les1949 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:35 pm ....all those people who are no longer involved in a match day at Beveree.

Generalissimo……..🤣🤣🤣😜
NickT

Tony wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:28 pm Probably will drop “borough” fairly soon.
And wasn’t that one of the stipulations of the vote, where the colours and name wouldn’t be changed!?
So already going back on what was negotiated.
TW3 Beaver

NickT wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:56 am
Tony wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:28 pm Probably will drop “borough” fairly soon.
And wasn’t that one of the stipulations of the vote, where the colours and name wouldn’t be changed!?
So already going back on what was negotiated.
Has it actually been confirmed that and Richmond Borough is being dropped, or are people jumping the gun without knowing the full facts?