Those Were The Days; 14th April 1984

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

THOSE WERE THE DAYS
April 14th 1984
Isthmian League (Vauxhall-Opel) Division 1
Hampton 1 Maidenhead United 1
S Russell

Chris Vagg; Richard Smith, Peter Bartlett, Steve Rogers, Steve Smith, Sean O’Connell, Steve Russell, Brian Lake, Perry Tunesi, Mick Heselden, Tim Hollands.
Sub; Glen Russell

With only six minutes left, Hampton grabbed a late equaliser. Substitute Glen Russell played a short ball to Tunesi who was allowed to run along the edge of the area before a pass into the Magpies defence, Hollands and Steve Russell both went for the ball but it was Steve Russell who got the important touch to poke the ball past Lawrence Batty. Maidenhead had led with a Lance Cadogan goal just before half time and had looked likely to take all three points before the late equaliser.

The Old Historian
Lord Elpus

Another Hampton side with some very decent players in, who somewhat underachieved. I remember these years well and it was hard work at times because we didn't get promoted, relagated, or win even one of the numerous minor cup competitions we used to enter for at least the first 12 years I watched.
Whoryer

Didn't we use to finish about 11th every season if I remember right never looking like going up or down?