Playoffs

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
GRTourist

With the season drawing to a close and Ebbsfleet already Champions... who do we think is joining them?

Dartford and Oxford City are pretty much guaranteed a spot, then Chelmsford, Braintree and St Albans also look well placed. Then any one of Worthing, Eastbourne, Havant, Farnborough and Tonbridge could get the last spot. Only thing I'm confident is that it won't be Havant who have thoroughly dropped a bollock in the last few months.

In terms of who actually goes up - I think I'd like to see it be Oxford, they've been pretty consistently there or thereabouts for a number of years, and they always play good football.
Whoryer

Yes I agree Oxford,and I can see it being it being a Dartford V Oxford final.
HamptonMad

Whoryer wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:51 am Yes I agree Oxford,and I can see it being it being a Dartford V Oxford final.
And Oxford City win. And Dowson gets the sack at Dartford. How about that My Lord.
BevereeMaster

I would for Dowse to come back as our full time manager next season with Mel in the role above. Would be very exciting.
Lord Elpus

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:50 am
Whoryer wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:51 am Yes I agree Oxford,and I can see it being it being a Dartford V Oxford final.
And Oxford City win. And Dowson gets the sack at Dartford. How about that My Lord.
Stranger things have happened.
I don't want the guy to get the sack though...I had a minor spat with him a few years back and I hope we've all moved on. Wouldn't want him back though, if purely for the amount of players he gets through.
Josh2002

BevereeMaster wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:21 pm I would for Dowse to come back as our full time manager next season with Mel in the role above. Would be very exciting.
Would love that, but can't see it sadly.
Tony

Agree, couldn’t see Dowse playing second fiddle to anyone. Never really bought into the Director of Football concept myself. When things go wrong who gets the bullet? Manager says you recruited the wrong players, the DoF says you coached them badly.
tones

We all know what happens. The manager gets the sack even when he is let down by his over indulged players!
TW10

Dowse gets the players in but doesn’t play good football..on what we’ve seen so far Mel is far superior, let’s hope he wants to continue to manage