Taunton at home

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Comfortable in the end but the game was in the balance until our third goal despite Taunton being down to 10 men. After a bright start and an early goal from Donaldson, Taunton looked the more dangerous going forward with Julian called upon to make some vital saves. Their goal from a corner was heavily disputed by our defenders for a possible hand ball but probably no more than they deserved. The turning point was a straight red for an off the ball incident which I didn’t see but it gave us 50 minutes to unpick 10 men. As against Chelmsford we found it hard to get out of our half for the first 15 minutes of the second period but then started to be more patient with the ball and get up the pitch. Donaldson got his second from very close range from a corner and Whittingham crashed home with a fine shot after being played in by CKB. 47 points makes much better reading and should see us close to safety with 6 games to go.
Last edited by Tony on Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mucky knees

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:20 pm 3.1 to The Hampton boys. Start The Club Car Mr Barbel lets get out of here..
From bus earlier this afternoon to see the see pitch being watered to the imaginary club car after the final peep... You really are pathetic HM...!

MK
EastTerracer

Good post match interview with Mel. Thought the additional movement from midfield was a good tactic especially given the lack of recognised forwards. We did look good when me moved the ball around but Taunton also looked dangerous until they went down to 10.

It was mentioned via the PA that last night was the last time the floodlights would be in action for the first team with them being replaced post season. Anyone know if the pitch is also being done at the same time ? Mel obviously not happy with it for the passing game he wants to play.
Lord Elpus

EastTerracer wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:33 am Good post match interview with Mel. Thought the additional movement from midfield was a good tactic especially given the lack of recognised forwards. We did look good when me moved the ball around but Taunton also looked dangerous until they went down to 10.

It was mentioned via the PA that last night was the last time the floodlights would be in action for the first team with them being replaced post season. Anyone know if the pitch is also being done at the same time ? Mel obviously not happy with it for the passing game he wants to play.
Yes, the last game under those lights really is the end of an era isn't it? Mel is indeed being more vociferous with the view to change the pitch. I thought the new artificial pitch was being put in at the same time as the lights, i.e. during the summer, but someone might be able to confirm this...
LouisFell

Yeah new lights and pitch before next season is the plan :)
EastTerracer

LouisFell wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:44 am Yeah new lights and pitch before next season is the plan :)
Good news.
Shepperton Supporter

Sorry I missed the game as I remember the first game played under these lights .
Shepperton Supporter

LouisFell wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:44 am Yeah new lights and pitch before next season is the plan :)
Hopefully no delays as we could end up with a string of away games at the beginning of the season.
ExRef

Will it just be “new lights” or will the pylons also be replaced with still four each side of the pitch?
geedub

I see the full match is now up free to view on https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/. Sadly the sending off is out of camera shot.

Coverage looks good - although a bit sad that I guess Louis wasn't allowed to roll out his celebratory old school house classics at the final whistle á la Radio Beaver :)
Tony

ExRef wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:03 pm Will it just be “new lights” or will the pylons also be replaced with still four each side of the pitch?
New pylons and lights in same places as existing.