Those Were The Days; 15th March 1972

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

THOSE WERE THE DAYS
March 15th 1972
Premier Midweek Floodlight League (Section C)
Hampton 0 Addlestone 0

Hampton fighting for a championship and Addlestone trying to avoid re-election. Hampton’s programmed line-up that night was;

Ron Whiteaker; Keith Hanna, David Blackmore, Ken Reed, Steve Markham, Ian Wenlock, Peter Farren, Phil Sperling, Johnny Eales, John Peasgood, Hugh Lindsay.
Sub; Simon Johnson.

The PMFL, a midweek competition for those clubs with new-fangled floodlights. Stones defence stood firm in the first half, Hampton eased off in the second and the game fizzled out into a goalless draw. Hampton lost their last two games to finish 3rd, Addlestone, bottom. Addlestone ceased to exist in 1985 after losing their Liberty Lane ground.

The Old Historian
PS posted 3 days early as I will be in South Wales
Whoryer

Great to see one with one of my brother's Keith playing.He moved to South Africa to work not long after that.Thanks to Les's research for me a few years ago I know he played 150 games for the club and is still the club's youngest ever player.Thank you again Les for doing the research for meEven though I would've been only 2 I use to go regularly watching Keith play for the 1st team,Dave for the reserves,and Roy play for the youth team.