Cashless apparently

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

I sent this out to Trust Members (I am not an official BTW), there may be some on this forum who might also need this info....

Hi,
I may have missed an update from the club since 20th February when it was indicated that parts of the club were going cashless - apart from Supporters Trust - and excepting the turnstiles.

However.....I looked in on the club this afternoon, to look at the pitch as to whether the Under 18s game would be off, it is!

I noticed that there are signs on the turnstiles which indicate that as from this Saturday, the Chelmsford game, the turnstiles will be cashless (card or prepaid only). I haven't noticed any announcement to this effect. There is also nothing on the website in the information section to indicate that the ground is now cashless, seems more than a little remiss.
HamptonMad

I spoke to brothers 3 weeks ago and was told old people or people without a credit card or online banking could pay cash at the turnstile. I have done this for the last 3 games. And will continue to do so. A cheque is still legal and cash less payment.
Mucky knees

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:32 pm I spoke to brothers 3 weeks ago and was told old people or people without a credit card or online banking could pay cash at the turnstile. I have done this for the last 3 games. And will continue to do so. A cheque is still legal and cash less payment.
Old people, HM are you trying to tell me you are ACTUALLY a person LOL!!!

MK
Shepperton Supporter

Can understand why we have gone cashless, as so many outlets seem to trade this way. My only comment would be that the tuck shop could allow younger supporters to get sweets for cash as they don’t have cards. This kiosk does sell just hot drinks which again might be ok for cash as the sums involved are so small.
Les1949

Les1949 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:06 pm I sent this out to Trust Members (I am not an official BTW), there may be some on this forum who might also need this info....

Hi,
I may have missed an update from the club since 20th February when it was indicated that parts of the club were going cashless - apart from Supporters Trust - and excepting the turnstiles.

However.....I looked in on the club this afternoon, to look at the pitch as to whether the Under 18s game would be off, it is!

I noticed that there are signs on the turnstiles which indicate that as from this Saturday, the Chelmsford game, the turnstiles will be cashless (card or prepaid only). I haven't noticed any announcement to this effect. There is also nothing on the website in the information section to indicate that the ground is now cashless, seems more than a little remiss.
Just appeared on HRBFC Twitter...a reminder!

Chelmsford City visit TW12 👊

A reminder to all fans that the Rocket Hospitality Beveree Stadium is now a cashless stadium

This includes the turnstiles and all food and drink amenities
HamptonMad

Les1949 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:16 am
Les1949 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:06 pm I sent this out to Trust Members (I am not an official BTW), there may be some on this forum who might also need this info....

Hi,

Just appeared on HRBFC Twitter...a reminder!

Chelmsford City visit TW12 👊

A reminder to all fans that the Rocket Hospitality Beveree Stadium is now a cashless stadium

This includes the turnstiles and all food and drink amenities
Total load of rubbish. I will be going Saturday and paying cash.
BevereeMaster

HM denied entry to a Hampton game, hallelujah.
Lord Elpus

I'm genuinely not trying to stir up an argument here but I'm curious...what are the main issues people have with being asked to pay by card? OK, I guess there may be a small handful of very old people who don't want to or can't pay by card (although I'd be interested to see how they cope with day to day life away from football-it must be increasingly difficult for them) but apart from that I just can't really see the problem. The queues around the ground had become dreadful before the recent changes and seem to have eased hugely in more recent games. Anything that speeds those up has to be a good thing right? Is it just a point of principle?
Les1949

Personally I'm fine with it.

However, I do know of people, not just older, but also younger than me, who don't use cards or the internet. I can see in my mind's eye as I write this someone who comes to matches regularly, is in his early 50s, and will only use cash. There may be short term problems as anyone not on 'social media' will be unaware of the new rules of entry to Beveree.

I used to work in Banking and spent the last 12 few years of my 'career' working in what was called Cash Operations and when I left in 1997 the forecast then, was that cash would disappear in the next 10 years - didn't happen!

With the closure of all the local bank branches though, it has become difficult recently for people to source cash for change - and places to pay in excess cash. Also, given the fact that those people (Tracey, Lesley etc) who handled the cash, accounted for it and 'balanced the books', are no longer connected to the club it has obviously become more attractive to dispense with cash entirely.

Let's hope the wi-fi holds up!!
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:27 am I'm genuinely not trying to stir up an argument here but I'm curious...what are the main issues people have with being asked to pay by card?
For me personally (and I am aware my reasons may be in a minority among those opposed to this change!) its entirely ideological.

The drive towards a cashless society in general only benefits 1) big business and 2) the government/HMRC. It benefits the former because once a business hits a certain number of transactions it becomes cost effective to process card payments automatically despite the fees, instead of counting cash; but this is not the case for smaller businesses who get crippled by the fees. It only benefits the big boys who quite frankly have had enough of a leg up with lockdown and everyone buying everything on Amazon etc. It benefits the latter because once the cashless society is achieved, there will be no transaction that HMRC cannot see. No more pocket money, piggy banks, mates rates for an odd job, saving for a treat, tucking something away for a rainy day, or even just being able to purchase something with a degree of privacy. The state will see everything. If they freeze your bank account; you cannot function in society. Dystopian nightmare.

I suppose in terms of the football club, moving onto this payment model is just one small step up the ladder leading to 'souless corporate EFL dive' status and one small step towards the societal change outlined above, so I'm against it and try to use cash wherever I can :D
HamptonMad

Well said TW2-Beaver. All i will say many of my friends over 75 have never borrowed money in there life and never brought a house brought a car on Hp or had a mortgage. So have No Credit rating. So are unable to get a Credit card. Or even get a Mobile phone contract. My phone contract is in my daughters name.
Mucky knees

HamptonMad wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:35 pm Well said TW2-Beaver. All i will say many of my friends over 75 have never borrowed money in there life and never brought a house brought a car on Hp or had a mortgage. So have No Credit rating. So are unable to get a Credit card. Or even get a Mobile phone contract. My phone contract is in my daughters name.
Woah there HM never borrowed ???

That's fine coming from somebody who often quotes bookmakers odds for our matches!

Get real HM get real!!!

MK