Braintree away on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

tones wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:00 pm Seems to be typical of certain people on this forum that Hampton are in the process of getting relegated and we are nit picking other people's spellings. Perhaps it's all gallows humour anyway!
You double checked those apostrophes on people's and it's though, didn't you :lol:
Shepperton Supporter

Under Mel it is two wins in nine games, goals win games and most of us know that we are struggling to get enough to get three points. Granted he inherited a poor squad and has been busy getting a better style of play and endeavouring to recruit. To my way of thinking the need for a quality striker is vital to ensure retaining our league position. Just not sure how our new investors would view relegation?
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:33 pmJust not sure how our new investors would view relegation?
They didn't seem too fussed about it at fans Q&A. They said they are in for the long haul and if we go down, we'll come back up, but they weren't going to just chuck money at players in a panic. I'm quite comfortable with that position to be honest.
Shepperton Supporter

Hope you are right Tw2! Reality and theory are not always the same.,
GRTourist

TW2-Beaver wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:40 pm
Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:33 pmJust not sure how our new investors would view relegation?
They didn't seem too fussed about it at fans Q&A. They said they are in for the long haul and if we go down, we'll come back up, but they weren't going to just chuck money at players in a panic. I'm quite comfortable with that position to be honest.
Agreed. I thought it was a pretty good answer - they clearly obviously don't want to go down, but they're not fazed by it.
Tony

Who knows, none of us have spoken directly to the key investors to ask the question. I very much doubt the board is going to say publicly that there won’t be investment if we get relegated but it is a reasonable question to ask ( and it has been). The club will at least remain well capitalised even if we go down. It depends on who is investing and on what are their expectations. The plan is to ramp up the commercial revenues and clearly success or lack of it on the pitch will have an impact on that plan. Value won’t be truly created in my view until the club becomes financially sustainable and increases its fan base and that probably means National League. You could probably accept one season at Level 3 but it makes it a tougher call to invest in infrastructure if you are stuck at Level 3 for a longer period. It won’t be cheap to get out of Level 3 so either way you have to spend money now or next season to keep the plan on track. Some investors may stay for the long term others may be more short term.

It will be interesting to see what impact the new manager at Dulwich has (started with a win) on a squad that had a very similar trajectory to us. Whether he can bring in new faces or not.
Lord Elpus

Tony wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:24 pm
It will be interesting to see what impact the new manager at Dulwich has (started with a win) on a squad that had a very similar trajectory to us. Whether he can bring in new faces or not.
I think the new manager of Dulwich has probably got an advantage over us as he has been a manager for years, knows the division well, knows the standard inside out and probably has a bit more budget. I think it'll come down to that...if they sign a striker who can actually score goals, they'll probably stay up.
BevereeMaster

They have a striker who can score anyway in Danny Mills
Tony

I see Dulwich lost 5-1 at Chelmsford last night. We play Chelmsford at home on Saturday.