Mel Gwinnett

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

HamptonMad wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:00 pm So what we are looking for is a Good groundsman that is a proven goalscorer.
Re our groundsman.
Richard now has a job with Molesey Cricket Club - cricket pitches are his speciality - he used to be in charge of Hampton School's cricket pitches. Less time for our pitch, I would suggest, certainly until the new one is laid (minimal maintenance?).
Shepperton Supporter

True the new pitch has less maintenance but they do need replacement after a period of time. Oxford have had theirs for six years and are looking to raise £200k to replace it. You need to put aside money each year to meet these costs.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/2333 ... ch-summer/
Jamie

Less maintenance on a 3G pitch is a massive myth. Having worked at venues with artificial surfaces, you may be surprised.
Especially with rubber crumb infill.
If not looked after properly from the very start, it cause some massive problems.
Les1949

Les1949 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:34 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:00 pm So what we are looking for is a Good groundsman that is a proven goalscorer.
Re our groundsman.
Richard now has a job with Molesey Cricket Club - cricket pitches are his speciality - he used to be in charge of Hampton School's cricket pitches. Less time for our pitch, I would suggest, certainly until the new one is laid (minimal maintenance?).
When I wrote 'minimal maintenance', I meant that the club might be considering that option for the remainder of this season - not that I am in favour of cutting spending money for the rest of this season, far from it. Also, I am fully aware that a 3g pitch does need maintaining so that it doesn't deteriorate. Can't just leave it alone and hope for the best!
HamptonMad

Les1949 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:34 pm
Re our groundsman.
East Molesey Cricket Club.
Jamie

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:44 pm True the new pitch has less maintenance but they do need replacement after a period of time. Oxford have had theirs for six years and are looking to raise £200k to replace it. You need to put aside money each year to meet these costs.

Yup, and can you name one club that has set aside money for when it needs relaying?!!!
Tony

Tonbridge Angels
LouisFell

Jamie wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:32 pm
Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:44 pm True the new pitch has less maintenance but they do need replacement after a period of time. Oxford have had theirs for six years and are looking to raise £200k to replace it. You need to put aside money each year to meet these costs.

Yup, and can you name one club that has set aside money for when it needs relaying?!!!
Noticed you deleted a lot of your tweets about the 3G pitch the other day?
Jamie

LouisFell wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:41 pm
Jamie wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:32 pm

Noticed you deleted a lot of your tweets about the 3G pitch the other day?

Yeah, some people get really upset when others don't share the same opinion as them.

I couldn't be bothered to have to abusive messages coming through via DM.